Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother and I are on our way back from the Keys and right about the time we passed Miami the ABS light turned on, then off and repeat, the radio started to die out, and then the transmission jumped really quickly then went back to normal. Has anyone had this happen? The brake fluid was all fine and dandy. Brake pads looked good and so did rotors. Were taking it through a car wash right now to make sure nothing is stuck up anywhere in the system. Quick advise would be amazing! Thanks

Stefan.

Sent from Stefan's Phone

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
My brother and I are on our way back from the Keys and right about the time we passed Miami the ABS light turned on, then off and repeat, the radio started to die out, and then the transmission jumped really quickly then went back to normal. Has anyone had this happen? The brake fluid was all fine and dandy. Brake pads looked good and so did rotors. Were taking it through a car wash right now to make sure nothing is stuck up anywhere in the system. Quick advise would be amazing! Thanks

Stefan.

Sent from Stefan's Phone
vermen1993 -

Hope you had a blast in the Keys. [:)] Sounds like your Focus doesn’t want to leave its vacation spot! I recommend taking it to a Ford dealer immediately. The techs will be able to inspect your ride and perform any service, if needed.

Let me know how it turns out! [:)]

Later,

Thomas

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
My advise is just don't drive through Miami [grinking]

kidding...but have the alternator tested to make sure it's good.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Did it put on the check engine light? If so take it by a local AutoZone or other chain parts dealer and they usually check the OBD free and tell you what sent the code.....

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It didn't throw any sort of code or anything. And yeah I didn't want to leave the keys either but we had to sadly. So I've driven 1000+ miles since the hick up and have had no problems? I'm assuming it was a quick electrical glitch that went away. It's going in for inspection at my local shop on Wednesday so I'll talk to the guy.

Sent from Stefan's Phone

·
Registered
675 Posts
It didn't throw any sort of code or anything. And yeah I didn't want to leave the keys either but we had to sadly. So I've driven 1000+ miles since the hick up and have had no problems? I'm assuming it was a quick electrical glitch that went away. It's going in for inspection at my local shop on Wednesday so I'll talk to the guy.

Sent from Stefan's Phone
It could have been some salty air water getting somewhere it wasn't supposed to be or just a Gremlin in the machine....good it hasn't happened since. I'd get under the hood and reseat all the connectors if I were you. Unplug and reseat them all.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will do that tomorrow once I'm home, 357 more miles from a 12,000 mile road trip

Sent from Stefan's Phone

1 - 7 of 7 Posts