Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming from Aus, decided to join to see some cars, and ask some Qs.

I'm 26, and have had my first car for a few years now. She's a 2003 2.0 litre hatch. I'll be honest, wasnt my first choice for my first car, but having had one for a few years, really come to love the MK1 Focuses.

Given me some trouble as of late, culminating in the timing belt coming off and resulting in a new motor. So now with 210,000 km on the dash, she has a 52,000 km motor thrown in and has been given a second chance at life. I couldnt bear to part with it when I got the news.

Anyway I'm not really a car guy, but I'm happy to learn. Hoping to give her just a bit more sound and punch, but will see what happens.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Howdy man? Welcome to FF! I was in Brisbane a few times. Great place from my experience!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Howdy man? Welcome to FF! I was in Brisbane a few times. Great place from my experience!
Ive been to Brisbane once, it was really good. I was actually thinking of taking said car on some road trips. I'd like to take her to see all the state capitals here.

Sort of a self-imposed challenge. Brisbane would probably be one of the first as it's the closest capital that isnt Sydney.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Ive been to Brisbane once, it was really good. I was actually thinking of taking said car on some road trips. I'd like to take her to see all the state capitals here.

Sort of a self-imposed challenge. Brisbane would probably be one of the first as it's the closest capital that isnt Sydney.
Given how good the Focus handles, I'll be looking for mountain roads to really wind her up. Like the Blue Mountains for example

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Given how good the Focus handles, I'll be looking for mountain roads to really wind her up. Like the Blue Mountains for example
It's not quite as windy as maybe some other roads people drive on, but I love taking the Old Pacific Highway, from Peats Ridge to Hornsby, when I'm driving down to Sydney. It gets very windy around Mooney Mooney where it has to dive right down to sea level then back up to the top of the mountain in maybe 20 minutes at the speed limit.

·
Registered
160 Posts
It's not quite as windy as maybe some other roads people drive on, but I love taking the Old Pacific Highway, from Peats Ridge to Hornsby, when I'm driving down to Sydney. It gets very windy around Mooney Mooney where it has to dive right down to sea level then back up to the top of the mountain in maybe 20 minutes at the speed limit.
Around the Brisbane area, the national parks to the west of Brisbane hosts some great mountain roads just for the fun of it. Wish I know a lot more about Sydney but I was there only once and did not have a driver's license at that time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts