Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
absolutely love your exterior. How did you do the hatch. Is it aftermarket or did you have to make it?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah some people like the red others dont, it actually looks fine in person its just a shame it looks terrible in pictures :/

and by hatch i take it you mean the boot lid. The standard plastic and logo was removed and a large metal plate was welded across then smoothed/sanded and sprayed

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
and by hatch i take it you mean the boot lid. The standard plastic and logo was removed and a large metal plate was welded across then smoothed/sanded and sprayed
Yup, that's what I was referring to. That looks very nice. I'm tempted to do it to my car someday; it cleans up the rear of your car so much. [thumb]

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Not a fan of the interior color. The exterior is great. Thanks for sharing[:)]

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks all for your comments

anyone got any ideas for interior i tried something different by throwing the red , camo and splats in but i need something which is a tidy standard and goes with the outside :)

·
Registered
251 Posts
wait a minute ... with those tinted windows I wondering if that photo is reproducing too bright a red and not a real brightness level?

how much driving do you do in noon time sunshine?

And it appears you flashed it as well ...

I wouldn't change it, based on comments based on a perhaps too bright photo.

it's different ... enjoy it as such.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
I'm just guessing but I assume that the interior is a darker red than what the picture shows. That said, I actually don't mind the color scheme that much. I like the pillars, center counsel, and air vents. I don't like the red door handles and defroster vents, it makes the inside to busy. I'm undecided on the radio and gauge cluster surrounds. My advice to you is to try to keep the inside simple; adding color looks great as long as you don't go overboard and make it look scattered and unorganized.

Those are just my opinions, and judging by your exterior, you know what your doing when it comes to clean mods.

·
Zzzykeyah!!!!!!
2,950 Posts
I think if the interior a-pillars and the center console were black the red would look a a lot better. It just seems like it's a tad to much red. That is my opinion though.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the interior picture was taken a while back with a 8mega pixel camera so its hard to get a true picture however the exterior ones were taken with a canon 550d 19 mega pixel camera so they look super clear

and about going overboard with the red AGREED! it was either the option of leave them silver or go red so i thought i would give it a go,

still lots of plans for the outside though :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah the interior pic looks terrible due to a low quality camera which i think was only 7mp as of the exterior pics were with a 19mp camera

its a tricky thing the interior in pics i agree with it being to loud it does look like a paint can has blown up but in person i don't stop getting praised comments which is peculiar :) maybe its an age category thing ...

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
maybe its an age category thing ...
Are you suggesting I'm old. Lol

I think it's also more a European thing. Here in the US, we tend to think painted interiors are more rice but there are still many well done ones that deserve praise.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I think it looks great! wish I had the time to shave my hatch/boot, interior looks nice, yes it's a little busy, but it's all about the eye of the beholder!

super clean car!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts