Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I havent really posted in a long time but I finally got the Hi-Boost Turbo kit on the car and production for the kit will come verry soon ...(about a week or so) here are pics of the kit. It pushed 206whp w/stock exhaust. Tuned with SCT Xcal2, this kit is AWESOME!!!

·
Registered
759 Posts
how much, where? details please!

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
284 Posts
Nice. Did you have to install a new clutch or anything? Or does it completely work off a stock setup?

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Well I'm using everything stock.(even the second cat and stock exhaust)
I just dropped off the car bone stock except for the intake I had on it, and picked it up BOOSTED!!! This thing pulls like a beast. I was hitting 130 before I knew it, and had to let off cause of traffic.
as far as specs your gonna have to get with Juan from Hiboost about that but he included some top notch stuff like a TurboXS boost controller, a bypass valve, Stainless steel lines, and a FMIC that he has tested to be the most efficient on the market (bigger isnt always better) Its basically the same setup as th Mazda3 kit except he uses Xcal2 for the Focus. We believe that with a 2.5 exhaust we should expect at least 220 with cat, and 230 w/o cat.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
oh goody. i have a 2.5inch no cat, flex back exhaust... did i mention i want a turbo so bad? lol

·
Livin' it up in Cali
2,005 Posts
Thats cool, you wanna take me for a cruise............. show me teh boosted duratec, please. lol No but seriously though, hit me up.... I wanna check it out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The kit is finished and it is now available for the 2.0 liter. It will be available for the 2.3 once we have a car with the kit to do the program for it.

I will become an authorized vendor so I can post pricing and all the information about it.

What I can say is that we use only very high quality components in all our turbo kits and they have been tested for years in the Mazda community with the fastest street protege with 12.00 at 116 MPH and the fastest Mazda3 with a 11.9 and 125 MPH runs.

We have a broad experience with turbocharging and specially with the Duratecs.

For any information, please contact me at [email protected] and visit our web page www.hiboost.com. It should be updated with the focus information very soon.

Administrator, please contact me to become an authorized vendor in this forums.

Juan Oviedo
HIBoost Turbo

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
i e-mailed. $3,900 plus shipping if i remember correctly.

funny thing. my credit card company just sent me a letter about personal loans....

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
hiboost said:
I will become an authorized vendor so I can post pricing and all the information about it.

Thank you![thumb]

You can tell us how much psi untill then though.[:D]

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sorry about that this is at 8psi, and I say again: w/ stock exhaust, and second cat still in place. Yeah I know its madd restricted but hey, I'll get a 2.5" exhaust soon. Thanx Juan for all your help and keeping intouch with me, and nice to see you here.

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
8psi and 206 to the wheels.

Looks like FS has a little compitition now.

Now all we need is a PRICE WAR!! LOL

What about the tuning? I already have a X-Cal 2 will there be a price diffrence and you send me the tune or what?

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Nice to know your in the F/I club now onix....Long time no type.. Hope to see more and catch up with ya.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Hmmmm..... Makes me want to trade my 03 for either a Mazda 3 or a new Focus just for a cheaper turbo kit.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yeah FS might have some comp now because F2 informed me there wasn't enough interest in there twin design that had already been tested.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
05+ look dope with an intercooler

1 - 20 of 57 Posts