Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how much different are the 2, eventually im going to buy on of them.
how loud is the orp vs the hfc i dont want anything anoying loud, but if the orp is that much better then the hfc ill prob go with that just want to see what everyone thinks

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
ORP is not too loud but it does nothing to help the tone of the exhaust, actually hurts the sound. too importy, and I still haven't figured out a way to fix it. The power gains are nice though,but you do lose a little pull from down low. I can't compare it to HFC power gainsince i don't have one. lol

I'd go for the HFC if i had to do it all over again.

·
Registered
978 Posts
i didnt like the sound of the orp with a stock exhaust, so i am probably going to try the hfc

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well any input is better then none lol i have to start my car and go to work at 6am i dont want to piss the neighbors off lol i want what has better powrgains

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wanna sell me your orp haha

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
an orp is not that loud when starting it up!

I love mine but i felt like i lost some down low

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
how loud is the orp vs the hfc i dont want anything anoying loud,
The thing is, both those terms are relative to whom you're asking.
I've heard an ORP, and IMHO it is both annoying and loud.
But, as you can already see in this thread, that's not going to be true of everyone you ask. [;)]

Here's a good discussion from not too long ago:
(In fact, there's several if you do a quick bit of searching)
Hi Flow Cat?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i was asking what poeples opinions were about the noise vs performace like is the anoying noise of the orp worth listning to for the performance or should i get the hfc because there about the same performance wise and its quieter

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
or should i get the hfc because there about the same performance wise and its quieter
That gets my vote. [thumb]
The HFC gives a substantial boost off the line and throughout the mid-range rpm.
^^^Right where you really need it.
And, you will get a louder exhaust with the HFC as it is, especially when you put the pedal to the metal.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
then the hfc it is haha thanks for the help my bad i was specific on what question i was asking

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
Tru bendz also sells mid-pipes with a resonator already welded in. Goes from the flex flange on back. I put one on mine and it really helped the sound. And it's only 100 bucks.

I'm putting an SVT header, stock cat, flex on here pretty soon.

Yeah I don't know why I had to tell you that...lol

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol my point is the orp is 230 and the hfc is 300 if the hfc still gives almost same performance as the orp from what im told id rather just pay 300 slap it in there with my system now and i know it will sound good and not too loud, im iffy about an orp unless i got a used one that someone sold me for cheap thats the only way id get an orp

·
MW2 NE1?
1,612 Posts
i was thinking ORP as well for the gain, but if really does give you low power than whats the point, HFC^^^^^like wd40 said gives a good boost off the line and mid range, is what i'd rather have.

·
MW2 NE1?
1,612 Posts
or should i get the hfc because there about the same performance wise and its quieter
That gets my vote. [thumb]
The HFC gives a substantial boost off the line and throughout the mid-range rpm.
^^^Right where you really need it.
And, you will get a louder exhaust with the HFC as it is, especially when you put the pedal to the metal.
how about if you got DSTuner from tom and get an upgrade for getting the ORP? Which one would be better than? or will it still be the same in performance?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts