Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has any one ever had the hf cat and also did the lunchbox hack? i would love to hear the results!!! i just dont want to lose to much power doing it. i just want the loud sound.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I did a lot of exhaust changing to finally come up with something I was pretty satisfied with.

The first thing I did was remove the stock main muffler and replace it with a Boral equivalent sized one. - This netted about a 5% change in sound - slightly raspy and a tad louder (was very dissaspointed!)

I then hacked the lunchbox and mandrel bent some tubing and re-attatched the stock tip - this made the exhaust slightly throatier again, but still not a whole lot of sound gain.

I then went ORP and it was somewhat ricey, and quite loud. I decided I wanted to stay legal and be slightly less obnoxious and bought the RT HF cat. This end combination is quite nice. It is just slightly louder than what the borla/lunchbox hack sounded like. I still wish it was a bit louder but id rather be slightly more stealth while having some fun in the car!

·
Registered
679 Posts
MBRP = JUNK in the atv world.... I also personally dont care for the sound of the system on the focus even though it is dirt cheap!

If you are going to spend the money I would decide if you want a better sound or more power - just adding an exhaust wont gain you much if anything at all - where as the high flow has pretty good gains and also makes for a pretty rumbly exhaust.

If it were me I would go - RT cat-> Hack lunchbox (and if you dont like the result) ->exhaust system.

·
Registered
607 Posts
R00ST650 said:
MBRP = JUNK in the atv world.... I also personally dont care for the sound of the system on the focus even though it is dirt cheap!

If you are going to spend the money I would decide if you want a better sound or more power - just adding an exhaust wont gain you much if anything at all - where as the high flow has pretty good gains and also makes for a pretty rumbly exhaust.

If it were me I would go - RT cat-> Hack lunchbox (and if you dont like the result) ->exhaust system.
fair enough but, sadly we aren't talking about the ATV world.. A lot of users of the MBRP are very happy and do enjoy the sound...

When it comes down to it the exhuast is changed mainly for sound and performance..

I personally enjoy the dirty sound a MBRP exhuast can produce and at the volumes I prefer.. If I wanted something more of a tame sound/tone then I'd get a borla much like you own..

From what I gathered from this post is that the poster is looking for a cheap method of changing up the exhuast..Just like everything in life everyone has there own opinions to what they like and dislike..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts