Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Ford Focus SE Hatch 5 spd
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to drop a line and say "Hi All" now that I finally have pics loaded to my laptop. I just bought my 2016 Focus SE Hatchback 5spd about 2 weeks ago and am loving it. I drove my Dad's 15 a few times and really loved it, at least until the construction company dropped a 2x6 off a hotel roof and totaled it DX. I love that my girl has the black wheels, leather and power seats. I was super lucky I found her :D
After digging through the forums for a few days, I think I have enough info to go junkyarding to replace the mirrors with heated ones as it looks like they should be plug and play. I don't think I'll worry about the seats being heated since I don't like doing wiring and I can just use the pad that plugs into the 12v outlet I had in my last car. I did swap the RS filter box with the K&N filter out for the stock box and paper filter that the previous owner kindly left in the trunk(I'm super busy with family and a tad lazy so I don't want to have to deal with oiling the filter). This has resulted in my MPG going from 29 up to 32+. She also seems to be more responsive in the lower gears now which I found weird. I'm not expecting it to drive exactly like my Dad's (his was a 3cyl 6spd), but she's definitely doing closer now.
I'm going to add some window vents soon and probably some grafix later so she's not just plain jane white. I'd have preferred a different color like dark blue or grey, but when you want a stick with leather you can't be too choosy anymore.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Nice car. Love the wheels. I guess the stock box is more fuel efficient vs sucking in hot air under the hood with the RS box.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts