Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back when I had my Contour SVT Tire Rack had the wheels and I bought two with the BF Goodrich OEM as spares for my ride.
Now I see a few like The 18" Focust Ti type but only in black. And two RS 19"ers

I sure wish you had some of the 18" ST wheels... Or some of the polished Focus 17" current production.

Ford Racing has the 18" current design ST wheels but only in black.

So.. How do you get a hold of Ford production wheels to sell? They just show up on the market and you buy a bunch?
Or is it a secret? (SHHhhhhh.)

And another question. Suppose I buy the Ford Racing ones, Or the Rado grey ST wheels from Ford... can they be directly shipped to Tire Rack to have my tires ((I buy from you) put on?
Can YOU aquire Ford wheels by ordering and then put your tires on and ship them to me?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Back when I had my Contour SVT Tire Rack had the wheels and I bought two with the BF Goodrich OEM as spares for my ride.
Now I see a few like The 18" Focust Ti type but only in black. And two RS 19"ers

I sure wish you had some of the 18" ST wheels... Or some of the polished Focus 17" current production.

Ford Racing has the 18" current design ST wheels but only in black.

So.. How do you get a hold of Ford production wheels to sell? They just show up on the market and you buy a bunch?
Or is it a secret? (SHHhhhhh.)

And another question. Suppose I buy the Ford Racing ones, Or the Rado grey ST wheels from Ford... can they be directly shipped to Tire Rack to have my tires ((I buy from you) put on?
Can YOU aquire Ford wheels by ordering and then put your tires on and ship them to me?
We do not sell the standard production Ford wheels, those you have to go through the dealership for, we carry the Ford SVT line. I have a message to our purchasing department to find out what I can about how we buy these and will post what I can when I can.

We do not take in customer provided wheels by mail to install tires on. The cost to you for shipping to us and back with an install cost would likely be more than having them installed locally anyway. As you know, that is something we do at no charge when you buy wheels and the tires at the same time from the same distribution center.

Out of our seven distribution centers, our headquarters in South Bend Indiana is the only one that has a bay and can install tires on your wheels or car. We have a service bay here for our test vehicles that is open to the public if you are local, or passing through.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
I would suggest checking ebay or local sellers to find some take-off 17" wheels and buying the tires from TireRack to ship to you and have them installed locally. It would definitely be cheaper than buying 4 brand new wheels from Ford.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts