Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need tires BAD, I seem to keep picking up screws too LOL I figured it's time anyway because they are getting bald, I wanna go with nexxen n3000's where do you guys buy your tires at? I am looking at 215 40 r 16, but how would that look on stock 16 inch snowflakes? Thanks guys

Matt

·
FocusFest Event Team
2,362 Posts
haven't used those specifically, but in my experience kuhmos are ok. not a bad price for a new set though. why that size though? stock is 205/50, if you want to go wider go with a 215/45 to keep the same overall diameter or will screw with the accuracy of the speedo.

I like the nexen tires (although they can be a lil hard to find lately). I've run them a few times in a couple different sizes and always been happy. I use the N5000 as they are an all season

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd be running the n3000 well because we dont have snow down here LMAO i need as much traction as I can get for taking them corners! :)

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I can tell you that 215/45/16 is almost impossible to find. I tried to get some for my Shadow for about 6 months before I gave up and went with 205/55/16.

If you have a little more money to spend get Kumho Ectsa LE Sport tires. They have a Treadwear of 280 and grip like stink.

·
Hmmmmm
3,706 Posts
anything with a low tread rating doesnt last as long but if you go harder you give up performance.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
yeah but they only last for like 10,000 miles LOL! :)
Actually they are better than that. My brother has them on his MKV GTI. His car is not stock at all. He put 5000 miles on them without a rotation and yea the fronts were worn (260 hp will do that) but the rears were like new, and he and I both dont drive slow. I say they will last 30,000 miles or more on a conservative driven Focus.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
so about 20,000 then, in his car with 260 hp it is hard to not play around once in a while.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts