Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How hard was it to slap those projectors in? I'm thinking about getting a set for myself as I'm running a ddm 55w kit.......also I didnt noticed my road noise get worse when I have then turned on...DAMN GREMLINS....I can hear the hi pitched squeal with them powered on....not grounded right?

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
jesus man the amount of manufactures that make projectors for our cars is making me dizzy what set do you have? also do they have led running lights? I cant tell from your sig

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh and another thing I noticed that none of them that i saw will accept an h11 bulb...or whatever the hell our lowbeams are LMAO

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Our stock bulbs are H13, yah and only one headlight choice (two if you count black or chrome) there are about a thousand HID kits on the market!

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
That high pitched whine is normal. It's because the ballasts are digital. It's just the sound they make.

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Retrofitting was a 7 on a scale of 10. Our factory bulb is h13 and with a retrofit projector will use either D2S or H1. the eagle eyes you can ask 2011se since he have those with Ddm hid kit. With a hid kit on a 35w kit you will hear a light electrical buzz noise from the ballast. This is caused when the current is amplified to ignite the bulb. Once bulb is warm the buzz will go away. As for the 55w kit, the initial buzz will be the same decible but once the bulb warms up the buzz will still very lightly buzz because of the power consumption a 55w ballast takes.

I am using visionpro ballast/igniter and relay kit and Morimoto bulbs. For projectors I am running Morimoto mini H1. there is someone on here has same setup but a D2S mini. Same thing different bulbs.
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Yeah, DDM Tuning 35w and 55w kits all buzz when on (all the time). At least both of mine that I've used do. You can only hear it when you're up close or are using the lights without the engine on.

The Eagle Eyes projectors operate using an H9 bulb. High beams and low beams are both the same brightness, but your "high beam" mode lowers the shield so that light can travel above the cutoff.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Sry to hijack this convo but since you guys are on the subject, I thought I'd ask a question I've had for a while. I've got a hi/lo h13 ddm HID kit in my stock housings but wanna switch to projectors soon. Can I just order a new set of H9 bulbs to fit those housings and connect them to the wiring and ballasts I already have in the car? Or would I have to buy a whole new set? I don't know if the kits are specific for each bulb size, or if they're universal kits. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think you can connect them to your existing ballast I'm sure my boy mike will chime in here and let you know since he's even more of a hid guru then i am LOL, I dont think it should be a problem though.

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Haha badazz, as long as your ballast is an AMP style plug, you can use the ballast with almost any AMP HID bulb. I previously had visionpro h13 kit and I'm still using the ballast for my Morimoto bulb. If you have a 35w kit and want to use a 55w ballast instead, the 35w bulb will handle the 55w ballast. Just be warned the bulb life will be under 1000 hrs
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
8000K is pointless. The blue it puts out puts more strain on your eyes. Go with either 6 or 5k. Some projectors can't handle 55w
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I have a 35w/55w Bi-Xenon Kit in my car. 6K on both and I can see great at night.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
What about going the other way, i.e. 3000k -4500k?
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
the higher you go in kelvin temp the bluer anything about 6k is pointless because of the strain it puts on your eyes, just like mike said

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Save hutch, you can't have a 35/55w HID kit installed. Impossible, the ballast only puts out a certain power either 35 or 55w. But also you may have separate hi low beams. I'm just on a phone with no pictures.

St, anything under 6k is the best for night driving. 8K and up is just too ricey and pointless to have. 8K 55w kit is okay since a 55w kit will produce 1000-2000k off the Kelvin chart since its 55w.
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Idk if it is 35w/55w I just know one bulb does high and low beam.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts