Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a while back...I mean a WHILE BACK....when i had to have my clutch replaced under warranty I told them I had gear over run...but they didnt believe me and it was never fixed with the clutch...did i wait to long..probabaly? This was at 15,000 miles now I have 35,000 I'm a dumb ass I should have brought it right back and told them to fix it right there....is there anything i can do...other then pay out the nose to get them to fix it..my throwout bearing is whats making the noise...rattle rattle rattle..

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
If there is a problem with the car, take it back in and make them fix it. You have a 5 year / 60,000 mile drive train warranty on the car. if its broke they have to fix it.
New clutch at 15K that sucks, I just rolled 47K and everything still seams great.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I agree, just bring it back until they fix it. If they don't fix it, contact Ford Customer Service and complain. THEN it will get fixed. You're still under factory warranty so get it fixed now before it's too late. Regardless of how long you waited, having the warranty means the entire drive train is guaranteed not to break down until after that point. So get your money's worth!

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
my throw out bearing was making noise at 9,300 miles. i talked to a member on here and they say its normal w/ these cars. it doesnt happen all the time w/ me only sometimes

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Make them do it. My 08 has 41K miles and I beat her up and have had no problems. Sounds material related on your's.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Strange, I was sitting idling at a light (in neutral), and I was able to hear my throwout bearing. I pushed the clutch in and it stopped...so that definitely sounds like the throwout bearing to me.

It's not loud. In fact, you really have to be listening for it, but I thought it was interesting. Hopefully it doesn't get louder. Currently at 24.5k miles.

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
wow... im at 28K and stillll running strong. Only thing wrong is my sway bar links.. got those on the way...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts