Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question about sct, does it come with a base tune along with the tune fs puts on the tuner itself...also if you change something drastic on the car can you yourself change it in the tuner...like for instance if you delete an 02 can you turn it off yourself or do you have to send it back to whomever you got the tuner from?

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Ok there is ONE tune on the tuner. That would be the Custom tune they send on the tuner. When you put the tune on your car the stock tune gets saved. You can change pretty much all of the parameters in the tune.

IE:
Spark
Fuel
Idle
Rev Limit (Wet and Dry) means Two step for dry I believe.
You CANNOT change whether or not the o2 is activated. I would have to look on my tuner to see exactly what you can change.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
The o2 can be turned off with a tune for sure but Im not sure about doing it without.
I have yet to try adjusting stuff on the car yet with my SCT/FSWerks tuner.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I have adjusted stuff on mine that is how I know, but I need to hook mine back up to see exactly what you can and cant change.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ah ok the reason why I'm asking I know that diablo and hypertech offer that...but it is not a custom tune it's a tune that come pre installed with a tuner...I dont see why you wouldnt be able to disable lets say..egr or 02's or anything like that at will without having to send to back to fs or cfm...like most guys dont like egr and they put a block off plate on their cars but of course you need to shut if off and the only way to do that is with a tuner LOL

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Even if you do get a new tune you dont have to send it back to get it loaded, they can just email it to you and you load it onto your existing tuner.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
yes it has a type B usb connection on the bottom, for doing data logging and updates.
Mine only came with the custom FSWerks tune (off the shelf 91 tune) extra tunes are $35 each from FSWerks.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Not sure how many can be loaded on the tuner, but I just told them what I had or was going to have done to the car and they loaded a tune before they sent it to me.
With a good exhaust, FSWerks Race CAI and the tune I should be right around 20whp over stock.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Yes and if you have a laptop you can download SCT LiveLink and Datalog your car.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
yes diablo and hypertech come pre tuned but heres there problem, they are basically universal tunes for either 87 octane or 92 octane. by getting a sct through fswerks your getting a true custom tune for your car that will outperform those others any day. trust me

1 - 14 of 14 Posts