·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys.

i got my FR stg IIs installed this weekend. [wrenchin]

but now i have an oil leak i never had before. [rant]

its not coming from the valve cover.

i have a feeling its coming from the timing belt cover. we did the timing belt as well.

i am wondering if there is a gasket type material that i could get to put on the timing cover to seal it. like a spray on something. im pretty sure thats it.

im open to other ideas. i will be tackling this wesneday when i have the day off work. so any input is nice. gimme some things to check or some products to use.

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
Get a tube of black RTV at an autoparts store or hardware store...the stuff has a million and one uses on a car:

Its good for sealing just about anything under the hood that doesn't come in direct contact with exhaust piping or anything that gets extremely hot. I used it to seal my valve cover to the head when my valve cover gasket started leaking, and you can seal the pan to the block with it so its good for sealing anything that comes in contact with oil...assuming you clean the two surfaces and let it cure for 24 hours before starting the car.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I tend to agree with “Q”, the leak should not be coming from the timing belt cover, there has to be a leak before it reaches that far & if you seal the cover, it’s only going to be a bandaid. You need to take the cover off & see where the leak is originating from.

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hrm. i think i might go get some cam seals from ford tomorrow after school and before work.

we shall see.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts