Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wanted to say hi to all in the south east and cfl

l8r, John:cool:

·
Registered
8 Posts
greetings from NE FL, if this thread ends up growin a bit more, maybe we could sometimes get together, even though I am all the way up north in J-Ville.
:D

·
Registered
74 Posts
just cause you live in jacksonville doenst mean we can always meet somewhere in between or we go up there one time andyou come here we can always work things out i just want to get something started there is southern focus fanatics is all the southern states and I want to start a Florida Chapter! You dont have to be apart of it if you dont wnat too we have stickers that say southern focus fanatics just go to the forum on here and you can get more info from mofocus he is the founder of this whole thing

·
Registered
8 Posts
riight... i am for a Florida chapter as well, not for one involving all the southern states, since that would require too much organizing and traveling out side of state. going down to orlando once in a while is no big deal, even though i would reccomend Daytona during a festival of some kind since a lot of peoples w/ cars drive down there at such times...
just ideas, w/o the need to get attacked for it ;)

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey, we (as in some people from another focus forum) g2g quite often. and are allways up to meetin' new people.

i would love to meet you 2, and yes Daytona would be perfect (maybe a little closer for us than you Bos. but still a good meeting point.) since there are so many restaurants and/or things to do.

licia, you prolly ahve seen me around Deltona, i'm over there quite alot. as you can tell by the picture i have a silver wagon lowered, with 17's and an intake, with more on the way. what color/type is your focus? what have ya done to it so far??

just to let ya know, i work in Sanford for Amtrak (i fix the trains for a living) so i am somewhat mechanically gifted:D so if you are wanting to do any mods give me a hollar. i have installed headers, lowered suspensions, installed intakes, superchargers, and lots of other mods. in fact my buddy who lives in Tampa whose car we installed the supercharger on, we just put in an aftermarket tranny this past weekend.

in fact we have had some major mod g2g's (had 28 foci show up) and allways have alot of fun with people commin as far away as Miami (the g2g's are usually at a friends house in Merritt Island since he seems to be the only one with a yard large enough to support that many people:D :D )

well, talk 2 ya later

John:cool:

·
Registered
2 Posts
railman said:
i am somewhat mechanically gifted:D so if you are wanting to do any mods give me a hollar. i have installed headers, lowered suspensions, installed intakes, superchargers, and lots of other mods.
Yep, railman helped me install my Bosal exhaust and he did a great job.

·
Registered
74 Posts
well railman i probably have seen you around anyway i have a 2003 zx3 french blue i havent done anything to it yet all i have is tinted windows I have no clue were to start on my car! I need help hahaha!!! Ya I would love to g2g with you guys that would be AWSOME just let me know when and where!! WE need to figure out some way so we can talk! I cant afford alot of stuff so thats why i wanna do little by little but I HAVE no clue where to start like i said before

Well I like the idea of a florida chapter I just wnat to meet some other people i dunno just let me know

Licia

·
Registered
8 Posts
resonator

Would you guys recommend taking off the resonator? are there any side effects that would be bad for the engine?
any thoughts will be appriciated

·
Registered
8 Posts
K&N

In all honesty, how good is the K&N filter? I heared the both sides of extremities, how much it sucks, and how it has the capability of adding a few horses... seeing how its only a filter and not an intake i find it hard to believe the latter, but in all honesty I have no idea either way.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well, just the panel filter itself will add a couple of pony's (actually was the first mod i did) and you can tell a little difference in the seat of your pants.

it's just that the K&N flows more air than the stock paper filter by far, and an engine is after all just an air pump. so the more air you can get in it, the more power it will make.

so a low restriction intake, hi-flow filter, and say porting and polishing the head will give you quite a few gains. but if ya don't do something to the exhaust, you won't see as much of a gain because of the added back-pressure.

so think of your mods in a systematic way, do ones that compliment each other in stages, then move to the next area. like wheels, tires , and a drop (for even better handlein') or intake, filter, and an exhaust.....if ya get my idea

but, you are right in that a low restriction intake will add even more than a filter alone. you don't have to get just a "K&N" brand, the others are just as nice, it's just K&N has been around longer.

l8r, John:cool:

·
Registered
8 Posts
im sure u can tell im new to this

:confused:
what do you mean by porting and polishing, how do i go about doing that?
I appriciate the info thus far, caue i have to start somewhere.
Also I saw a mod where this guy took the stock air cleaner intake tube, and placed it below the grill, so as to get more air easier. Would this be a smart thing to do, or is there danger from on the road hazzards such as rain, more dust pellets, smaller pebbeles and such.
Again thanks a lot.

·
Registered
74 Posts
ya i would love to go to the meet how many people usually show up! I would be nerves goin by my self cause i dont know anybody haha but where do you guys usually meet?
I will check out the website!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
porting is a term used by racers where you match the ports or holes in a head to the corresponding intake or exhaust manifold so that there is a smooth transition between them, resulting in better air-flow which means more power.

and polishing is exactly what it means, you polish the rough casting finish of a head (meaning the interior tubes, or runners of the head, both exhaust and intake) so that it is smoother, resulting in better air-flow.

as far as getting to the g2g, we could meet up in the morning (which is what we have done in the past) and caravan to Dan's house.

as for how many will be there, well bein summer and vacations and such, hard to tell. we have had as many as 28, but allways at least 12

talk again soon, John:cool:

btw, here are a few pics from the last one

back yard

front yard/driveway

·
Registered
74 Posts
right my car is going to llok stupid there cause everyone else has mods and I dont hahaha well maybe i can get something done by the time it comes around atleast an exaust or something!!! What do you think about a tip?

1 - 20 of 74 Posts