Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, looks like I'm in the right place. After owning mostly Toyota and Honda vehicles for most of my life, my wife and I were stranded without a car until her grandfather helped buy us an 02 Focus from a friend of his. Very greatful! But man oh man these cars love to fall apart in different ways. From the moment we got the vehicle to now (1 year) I've had to make many repairs that could not go unattended. I will say though that it is a pretty comfy ride which has a bit of space and has a little kick to it.

I'm not really here to complain but rather go through this journey of bringing the car back to optimal performance. Thanks for tuning in and look forward to speaking to you guys and learning a thing or two!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I’ve had my fair share of issues with my 01 ZX3 since I bought it in October 2017. I had to clean the throttle bottle replace the spark plugs and distributor because of misfiring. All I need now is new suspension. The car has about 430,000 miles but the engine has 83,000 miles and the tranny is unknown on the mileage. Still a fun ride and I beat VTEC Honda’s in my town lol

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
I’ve had my fair share of issues with my 01 ZX3 since I bought it in October 2017. I had to clean the throttle bottle replace the spark plugs and distributor because of misfiring. All I need now is new suspension. The car has about 430,000 miles but the engine has 83,000 miles and the tranny is unknown on the mileage. Still a fun ride and I beat VTEC Honda’s in my town lol
LOL, I would be beating on it w/ those miles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts