Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
past few days my car has been hesitating at light throttle. no engine light was shown until i turned my diablo chip off. i pulled the plugs #1 plug electrode was a nub the rest seemed a little worn but expected for about 20,000.i replaced the plugs and it was still there. put fuel injector cleaner in the next day and smooth hesitation out a little but still there.im assuming fuel issue.?

fuel injector going bad? fuel pump going bad? or i thought maybe 02 sensor maybe taking a crap on me.

anything will help narrow this down. thanks

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
could b fuel pump. does it do it under a heavy load?? or you might just have a weak spark too.

·
Registered
400 Posts
could simply be a fuel filter, get the code pulled and see what that leads you too. Is it load or is it pedal position that makes it go away?

Andrew

·
Registered
235 Posts
go with a tune up. wires plugs and coil. also do the fuel filter. if it continues after that maybe its the fuel pump but start with the other stuff for now cuz it wouldnt hurt anyway.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i got ahold of a scan tool today and the fuel rail pressure sensor is going/ is bad..which makes sense..thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
7 Posts
mine said that a long time ago and I replaced it but eventually the overall problem ended up with a new fuel pump, because the one I have had been recalled, they did replace it for free. between that time though I kept trouble shooting and fixing other things. caused by the pump.

·
Registered
120 Posts
? Any other suggestions?

I am having somewhat similar issues....sorry, as it is hard to describe:
When I am driving and hit a consistent speed (happens a lot at 40mph for example) my SVT Focus will kind of stutter, hiccup, feel like it is missing etc. Nothing crazy that would jar you around, it slows down then pulls just enough that I can feel it - almost like you are going over very very small speed bumps. Also have noticed that MPG have dropped just a bit.

2003 SVT Focus, o/r pipe with mil elims, AEM long cold air system, 58K miles

Was thinking it could be something in the electrical with wires, plugs or maybe a ground?
Or maybe a vac hose is not completely on...but not sure where to look for that issue - not that many hoses under the hood.
I did have the Upstream O2 sensor slow response CEL light come on a few months back - but after clearing it out the light has not come back on.

I appreciate any suggestions - hopefully it is nothing big and I can fix the issue!

[cheers] Tim

·
Registered
120 Posts
Thanks for the thread referral - I'll check it out.
Not sure if the hose and stuff is the same back there, but will check as I'm stumped as to this issue.

The code that I had was P0133
Just wouldn't figure the O2 sensor would cause issues, but I guess there is no reason it couldn't lol Just need to take off the whole o/r pipe to get at the O2 and check stuff out...Oh Joy!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts