Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 1.8 tdci 115ps, it has been suffering from hesitation, and juddering, usually at higher speeds, i could be doing 70 mph on motorway and i can notice the hesitation, if i put my foot down this dissapears and the speed picks up.
I have blanked the egr already, i have replaced the maf with 1 from a breakers, but to be honest the running seems worse with the replacement.
Is there ANYTHING else at all that this could be. Using the speedo trick, there are no codes showing, it says NONE. I know the breakers yard maf may also be faulty, but before i pay for a new one i want to confirm that this is the problem, i know noone who i can borrow a known good one from.
Could it still be an injector if no codes are showing? It idles ok.

·
DTC P0606
3,364 Posts
With diesels, hesitation under heavy loads is usually a fuel delivery problem; pump, injectors or filter. That's just a general observation based on experience; no diesel Foci on this side of the pond.

"Speedo trick" is invalid way of retrieving powertrain DTC codes; it'll only give codes related to the instrument cluster and gauge functions. Scan the OBD port for pending codes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts