Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I bought my car used and did my mods myself and it had a hesitation problem befor I started modding, just as I take off at full throttle it boggs out for about 1 - 1.5 seconds and then goes, just wondering if anybody has experienced this because I am going to take it to ford but I would like to know what the flavor of the kool-aid is before I jump in it if you know what I mean [8D]

·
AKA Toyotech
4,041 Posts
bogs from the start...r from a stop, from what u say sounds like the usual fuel pump/sending unit combo

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kicknzx3 said:
bogs from the start...r from a stop, from what u say sounds like the usual fuel pump/sending unit combo
Yea, it happens at a stop and sometimes when im accelerating from a roll of about 5 - 10 mph,
and on some occasions when it's sat all night long and I go to start it it has the most irrattic idle I have ever heard, It almost wants to die.

·
AKA Toyotech
4,041 Posts
well i don't know how bad of a bog it is, hesitation and bogging is a big difference, could be as simple as a dpfe

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DPFE....... stands for ????

·
AKA Toyotech
4,041 Posts
Delta pressure Feedback Exhaust Sensor

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no, it's a cool-air , it draws air from the edge of the hood

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
of course this problem happened before my mods and continues after..... so the intake would have nothing to do with it....

·
Registered
793 Posts
kickn, i thought it was a differential pressure feedback egr sensor?

·
Registered
793 Posts
oh yeah zarelli, on the fuel pump, to get it fixed the dealership told me it would cost 200, because of the filter, and flushing of the system, so much for it being fixed free!

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I can`t tell you the meanig of this senser(acronem) but I had the same problem...DPFE! Ran kinda ragid...Long ago I had a thread on this. When it was replaced the car had all the giddiyup and go that was intended. It deff. is a feedback senser!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I WAS JUST WONDERING BUT WHERE IS THIS PIECE LOCATED AND ABOUT HOW MUCH WOULD IT SET ME BACK? I THINK MINE IS DOING THAT EVERY NOW AND THEN. [idea]

·
Registered
219 Posts
I had the same problem and got the letter about the recall. In the mean time, keep your tank at least half full and the problem won't be so pronounced.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts