1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
987 Posts
The Europeans are so lucky. I want a high performance wagon so bad maybe one day 5 years from now my dream will come true. I can't afford a BMW or Mercedes wagon, but a Focus ST wagon I could do.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
Looks good. Nice wagon. I've got a 2007 wagon. I think the reason it is not sold here is because basically a Ford Escape pretty much looks like a 4WD focus. Too many SUV models here for the wagon to compete with.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,452 Posts
We never get the good cars here.
There has been, Holden Commodore in two variants & the Monaro powered by the iconic LS. Very good cars btw......& are you forgetting the RS? Have a look at the AMG's/ M-series, GTR, ect.

·
Registered
987 Posts
We don't get the good affordable cars; cars that are under $30,000 under $25,000. The average American probably shouldn't be spending more than $30,000 on a car. If you have to stretch out payment 6-7 years you can't actually afford it. They seem to have a lot more financial understanding over in Europe. Europe has got it figured out just look at the Women.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Yea^^^ & over 7 million ppl are behind on their vehicle strokes over here to add.
That's America for you just swipe the credit card and make payments. I'm proud to say I don't owe a dime of credit card debt. That's a lot of repossessions. It's almost unimaginable 7 million Vehicles sitting out there not getting paid for.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,452 Posts
That's America for you just swipe the credit card and make payments. I'm proud to say I don't owe a dime of credit card debt. That's a lot of repossessions. It's almost unimaginable 7 million Vehicles sitting out there not getting paid for.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using FF Mobile
My thought is= That's on them, if they want to be that way & not think about taking on that responsibility till its paid. Some ppl don't really think about the repercussions till later if at all. I use the visa at times, like when we took our cat's to the vet for their yearly check up, but it gets paid with in 2-3 weeks.

·
Registered
987 Posts
My thought is= That's on them, if they want to be that way & not think about taking on that responsibility till its paid. Some ppl don't really think about the repercussions till later if at all. I use the visa at times, like when we took our cat's to the vet for their yearly check up, but it gets paid with in 2-3 weeks.
My Wife puts everything on a card to earn rewards, but it's paid in full every cycle.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I have a V50 wagon and a Focus St... the St will do pretty much the same as the wagon...they both fit 9ft oars inside..have a hatch, folding seats...put on a hitch...
really , the St is like a compact SUV[strongman]

·
Registered
16,046 Posts
The wife and I never had any credit cars at all until we were over 40 years old. We have bunches now but they all stay paid off or easily done so in a month or two. I paid every car off in less than 2 years but financed them to the max and then watched the banks cry when you pay them off early and they had to refund lost interest.

I had a Tempo with a modded quick removeable rear seat that I routinely carried loads of 8 foot lumber in and did 10 foot with the left over sticking out of pass side window. The Focus wagon does the same easily. Virtually no need for a truck ever, I carried a full size refrigerator in the wagon. Even 550cc. and 750cc. bikes went in there with a bit of work, none major.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,452 Posts
Why would Ford or other manufactures want a wagon over here stateside, when they for sure wouldn't sell a great amount here. Big $ & profits are in trucks & non car vehicles. And on top of that, they make a the original vehicle a perfect size & then the next gen is bigger & for the most part manufactures can't seem to keep their mitts off the overall size & weight.......

1 - 19 of 19 Posts