Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok... I love my focus, but its getting irratiating...Im never driving my own car for more than 2 months, its going back to the dealer on Monday...I had a complete head job done at 37,661 becuase they said the exhaust and intake cam were scored..They never told me why. Well long behold after i got it back the engine started having even rougher idle...I have tried everything and nothing is working. they also replaced my motor mounts at 34000. the pass. mount is leaking again. As for the noise its a metal on metal tapping when cold, i was thinking piston slap but it wasnt. The car is also surging ad it always feels like it is going to stall. no codes were stored or anything.. I bought the car pre-owned...What can i do? i just need somewhere to turn...

PLEASE HELP![?|] [?|] [?|] [?|]

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Oh man, sounds like you've had some serious problems with that car. I hate to say, but would it be feasable to sell it? I mean, thats alot of major things gone wrong and kinda gotta wonder if it's all worth it ya know? Good luck with it all.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
update

ok...well took it in today and got a 06 mustang rental...lol..im loving it :)

so they said that my coil pack was bad and my engine was 2 quarts over filled, but i had it change and i really see no way that it could of..

·
CloudNine88's Man
3,465 Posts
Did you have the dealership do the oil change, or did you do it yourself??

Also, is the mustang a GT or a wussy V6??

·
CloudNine88's Man
3,465 Posts
haha, that's like 50% more than our engines take. LoL

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i dont know how it was over filled...but i got an update my oil pump seems to be the problem...so they said the extra oil was sucked in by the pump and then never released...Soo yea..They taking apart the engine right now, so we will see..I did contact a lawyer though...We will see if we can call it a lemon..who knows...I have been looking at three cars...

P.S i took it to jiffy lube but brought them 5 quarts and an oil filter...Now how the hell did they do that, WHO KNOWS?!?!? and its a V6

07 ST
07 SI 4 door
06 Corolla XRS

·
CloudNine88's Man
3,465 Posts
I say go for the '07 ST. My mom has the '05 ST and it's awesome.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Oil sucked in and not released. That's as wild as i've ever heard. Oil does not compress. It has to go some where. Your service people are scary, and probably costing Ford a bundle by "fixing" problems they know nothing about

·
Registered
305 Posts
u have 90 days under the lemon law for used cars, at least in NY you do....if it is a lemon the company u bought it from has to fix it for free

·
CloudNine88's Man
3,465 Posts
Wait, when you bought it they had to state the problem, or you were supposed to??

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok... u can consider it a lemon if ur problems started when u have the ford warranty...So yea, i got a lawyer and she says i have a really good case...She is filling a prelidgation on thurs so yea...I test drove a 07 dodge Caliber R/T AWD today.. AND I LOVED IT...They wanted 21499 for a car that had 7,032 miles on it..Its white and nice...So im looking, keeping my options open at this point...

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Your service people are scary, and probably costing Ford a bundle by "fixing" problems they know nothing about

I love to hear comments like that. I'm not trying to argue, but if you know so much more about the car, fix it yourself.

I'm not saying that the techs at Ford know everything, but if we don't know, all we can do is read the ford manuals...just like everyone else.

·
CloudNine88's Man
3,465 Posts
What woud you be getting back for your focus?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts