Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've gone through 2 clutch replacements this month already, and it's back at the dealer. My car wouldn't start yesterday. I jump started it this morning in order to take it to the dealer and got the "Transmission fault" message after it started. They gave me a loaner and I'm still waiting to hear what they found.

Attachments

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
That's a bleepin' disaster.

TCM is the most common cause for what you're seeing now, but I suppose if it has a clutching problem (Clutches, linkages, actuators) it could cause the issue as well. And of course there's always the electrical fault possibility hanging around (don't see that unless just not working).

What was the initial symptom to get clutches to begin with?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Same as everyone else. Shuddering, jerking, unresponsiveness. Thankfully, I haven't had any issues with it changing gears.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same warning and conditions popped up on mine a few days ago and I'm still waiting on an official diagnosis. If clutches this will be #3. The service rep mentioned that they are waiting on the new revision of the clutches and it could be anywhere from 3-8 weeks. Although he did say he really had no idea. I was wondering if you had heard the same thing or if they mentioned anything?

·
Registered
137 Posts
I've gone through 2 clutch replacements this month already, and it's back at the dealer. My car wouldn't start yesterday. I jump started it this morning in order to take it to the dealer and got the "Transmission fault" message after it started. They gave me a loaner and I'm still waiting to hear what they found.
I'd bet it's the TCM. I can't imagine you'd need yet another set of clutches. And seriously 2 sets in a month?!

·
FF Affiliate
30,152 Posts
I have Customers with 3 sets of clutches , all updates and still had the shudder jerking issues
My Custom Tune cured there issues

I do not understand why Ford keeps throwing clutches at the problem

Tom

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
Not starting or not shifting are hard faults, not related to any tuning from factory or aftermarket.

Shuddering is a different situation, not always caused by a hard fault (mechanical/electrical).

·
Registered
57 Posts
I got the transmission fault a little over two weeks ago. It was the TCM. Just got my car back, dealer said it was on back order.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I picked up my car on Saturday. They replaced the battery and TCM, both under warranty. No backorders mentioned and no new versions mentioned.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts