Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have now 29,007 on my car. I was going to wait until I have 30,000 to do the oil change and brakes as well as FIX the darn tranny again. It is shuddering like crazy. My wife refuses to drive it and I am stuck while she drive my Benz. Crazy I know lol. Ole Mikey opened the car this morning and it would not start. A message flashed Vehicle Transport Mode Active....WTH!!

I called Ford roadside assistance and this little Nissan Versa shows up and jumps the car. He writes up the service ticket and writes down color of the car WHITE. It is gray even in the direct sunlight.

It starts and off I go to the stealership, Midway Ford. The Service Advisor refuses to take my car. He said its DCT related and they no longer have a Tranny Tech. I said WHAT, you will not even look at at!!! It might not be tranny related. He says I am just being honest and god bless. I of course said god bless my arse and drove off. Albeit, I was upset for the stupid nonsense I have to deal with in South Florida Stealerships.

My 2014 Ford Mustang (5,000 miles) has issues as well and I have no idea where to take it too. Bottom line....I should have swapped it out for the roadside agent's Versa!!!!

·
-----<M>-----
2,724 Posts
It starts and off I go to the stealership Midway Ford. The Service Advisor refuses to take my car. He said its DCT related and they no longer have a Tranny Tech. I said WHAT, you will not even look at at!!! It might not be tranny related. He says I am just being honest and god bless. I of course said god bless my arse and drove off. Albeit, I was upset for the stupid nonsense I have to deal with in South Florida Stealerships.
Wow, that's unacceptable. Ford only has themselves to blame if they let stuff like this go on. I've had good experiences with my mid-Florida dealership though.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Dealership horror story for sure. Hard to believe that working on DCTs isn't an attractive career. Or maybe the tech was inept and is the reason yours has to be fixed again.

This would be a great opportunity for one of the Ford moderators to intervene, unless this is what Ford owners are expected to endure.

·
__________/\__
2,183 Posts
Dealership horror story for sure. Hard to believe that working on DCTs isn't an attractive career. Or maybe the tech was inept and is the reason yours has to be fixed again.

This would be a great opportunity for one of the Ford moderators to intervene, unless this is what Ford owners are expected to endure.
It is not unusual for a dealership to farm out collision repairs but this would be the first I have heard of an authorized Ford dealer turning away a transmission repair. I would think a dealership would have to maintain a minimum level of service to keep their ticket with Ford.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Let me be fair. The exact words I omitted were that our tranny guy is only staying on until they fix the remaining cars. Again....WTH!!! I did not go there with an attitude. I figure might as well get the brakes done all around and the oil change while it was there. HOWEVER, I sure as HELL left with one!

Yep, I had to have Ford step in twice already to have my car repaired. All they (Stealership) did on the second round of DCT repairs was flash the TSB. It has been quite some time and once again the car jerks and exhibits all the things that occurred when I had the clutch packs replaced the first round. With the exception of the throttle racing and the tranny slipping. OH my mistake, it did that too the first time. I just want to get in my car, start it, and drive with no worries. I did not purchase a used car with some other persons headache. Or did I? lol.

I just went outside to crank it just now and the car barely caught. I guess something is wrong. I did put a voltage meter while I waiting for the Jump and it read 9.48 volts cold this morning. That's barely enough to crank it. It worked fine yesterday no sweat. In fact, before I moved into my driveway last night, it fired right up. I always check to see if all my lights are out.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I spent the better half of my night starting the car every four hours as I had to go to work and have no one to jump my car during my scheduled time to report. On one of my journeys in the middle of the night I saw my parking lights on very dim even though I had the auto select turned off and the dial to off. Presently, I only have LED bulbs on the reverse lights. So that eliminates that concern. Every-time I went to start it the sync screen kept saying something like going into battery saving mode. I have not received a PM from Ford as of yet and hoping Megan can assist again with the regional manager. But that takes a few days and the weekend is coming up.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Are you still getting the transport mode message?

·
__________/\__
2,183 Posts
I saw my parking lights on very dim even though I had the auto select turned off and the dial to off.
If a door is left ajar on the MK3, the parking lights may remain on after the car is locked with the key fob. I had this happen to me. Since I had already turned the car off, there is no door ajar warning. I had no headlight alarm when exiting the car since the headlight switch was set to off and my dome lights are always set to off. I looked out later and my parking lights were still illuminated. Turns out my rear seat passenger didn't fully close their door.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I have now 29,007 on my car. I was going to wait until I have 30,000 to do the oil change and brakes as well as FIX the darn tranny again. It is shuddering like crazy. My wife refuses to drive it and I am stuck while she drive my Benz. Crazy I know lol. Ole Mikey opened the car this morning and it would not start. A message flashed Vehicle Transport Mode Active....WTH!!

I called Ford roadside assistance and this little Nissan Versa shows up and jumps the car. He writes up the service ticket and writes down color of the car WHITE. It is gray even in the direct sunlight.

It starts and off I go to the stealership, Midway Ford. The Service Advisor refuses to take my car. He said its DCT related and they no longer have a Tranny Tech. I said WHAT, you will not even look at at!!! It might not be tranny related. He says I am just being honest and god bless. I of course said god bless my arse and drove off. Albeit, I was upset for the stupid nonsense I have to deal with in South Florida Stealerships.

My 2014 Ford Mustang (5,000 miles) has issues as well and I have no idea where to take it too. Bottom line....I should have swapped it out for the roadside agent's Versa!!!!
I've had nothing but a good experience with Sawgrass Ford in Sunrise, Florida. Their tranny tech there is excellent. I had my tranny done over a year ago and I haven't had a problem with it since.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
...This would be a great opportunity for one of the Ford moderators to intervene...
Marine's already sent me a message - I'm on it. :)

...I have not received a PM from Ford as of yet and hoping Megan can assist again with the regional manager. But that takes a few days and the weekend is coming up.
I see your message, I just got into the office. I'll take a look soon.

Meagan

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've had nothing but a good experience with Sawgrass Ford in Sunrise, Florida. Their tranny tech there is excellent. I had my tranny done over a year ago and I haven't had a problem with it since.
They are far but I do have rental on my ESP plan.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If a door is left ajar on the MK3, the parking lights may remain on after the car is locked with the key fob. I had this happen to me. Since I had already turned the car off, there is no door ajar warning. I had no headlight alarm when exiting the car since the headlight switch was set to off and my dome lights are always set to off. I looked out later and my parking lights were still illuminated. Turns out my rear seat passenger didn't fully close their door.
First thing I checked No doors ajar. Mystery deepens lol

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Marine's already sent me a message - I'm on it. :)

I see your message, I just got into the office. I'll take a look soon.

Meagan
Whose the best Ford Rep???

MEAGAN!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nope just system shut down to save battery message
Did it again this morning. Barely and I mean barely cranked to start. It caught at the last minute. Driven 100 miles since I was denied service at Midway Ford. Obviously it is not a DCT issue, although that problem persists.

My Ford(s) 1980/84/98/2002/2003/2004 had zero issues. Wish I could go back in time.

Now my 2012/2014 make me wonder lol.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Can you check yourself the battery voltage while the car is off, 15 seconds after the car started and 5 minutes after the car is started?

It should read similar voltage: ~12V, ~14V and ~12V. If you are in a cold location, wait 10 minutes instead of 5.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
10 - 14 - 10

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
With those numbers the Battery is the first thing that needs checking.

General check of charging & any excess parasitic drain to follow as needed. Sounds like charging is OK, but a check is always good.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Soon as I find a dealer I can go too
10 to 1 it's a bad cell in battery

1 - 20 of 38 Posts