Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I love my 2014 Ford Focus SE hatchback with 40K miles. It is the first car that I bought myself and I take pride in having a relatively new car with relatively few miles. I really enjoy the way it looks and love the gas mileage.

I hate my 2014 Ford Focus SE hatchback with 40K miles. It's not its fault, but it has a salvaged title and does not have any warranty. I also experience significant shuddering. Up to this point I have ignored it, but now I am constantly thinking about it and wondering what to do.

I am an obsessive product researcher and need to learn what I can about the factors behind my love/hate relationship. I look forward to hearing about all of your experiences with the things that make you both love and hate your Ford Focuses.

Attachments

w/ my magic bag
Welcome to FF.......I wouldn't of bought a salvaged/branded title vehicle as it'd be hard to finance it & I for sure wouldn't pay cash for one.....+ they're hard to resale. Seems like it was to good of a deal to pass up for you. I've seen a few of those & yea it seems very temping, but IK better. On to your dct issues, there are many ppl going or have gone thru the dct problems. One google of dct problems opens a floodgate of problems. You did what you did, so you can either trade it or sell it or just deal w/ it & drive it till it doesn't run & throw rebuilt trans at it.....Since your a obsessive researcher= figure out who can fix & rebuild dct's, even if it means across the country.....The driving/handling dynamics are great vs other comparable vehicles, so yea I get why you like it as far as that aspect does. So w/ that, all the handling/driving dynamics in the world goes out the window if the trans doesn't do its job properly.......

Registered
Cheap. reliable. Transportation. Easy to work on and plenty of donor parts to be found. Do I love my Focus??? She is just my side chick.. good for a few things but not making a life long commitment. Do I Love my two full size Ford Broncos.... You better believe it. Those are not going anywhere....ever!!!

Of course my Focus is a 2011 and not a 2014. Both are hotties but the 2014 has a ton of baggage with the automatic transmission. You do not have a side chick with 5 kids and on welfare..... got to do the research before you get involved in a relationship brother.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts