Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After three long months, I finally took delivery of my extremely blue Ti hatch on Friday. Given the way this order has dragged out, I guess I couldn't reasonably expect the delivery to occur without a bit of heartbreak. Seems it picked up a small dent in the driver's side front fender, just ahead of the side mirror, during shipping. Not a big deal; it didn't mar the paint, and it should be an easy fix.

Aside from that everything looks fine though. No obvious defects, no signs of distress from the transmission on the drive home, and the only flaw I've found in MyFord Touch thus far is one that I was expecting: it has trouble playing Apple Lossless audio tracks. I'll have to come up with a workaround for this, since over half of my collection is encoded thusly. No problems pairing with or streaming from my iPhone, no complaints from the listening party from my first hands-free call, no problems with indexing or voice control with my old 80 GB iPod (with only a few GB worth of music to start, just so I wouldn't have to endure a long index on my first day).

Off to Tint Centre this morning to get the 3M clear bra treatment, then I'll remove the dealer's ads (and Microsoft's) and add my hillbilly bling and it'll be ready to pose for the camera tomorrow.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Congratulations! Can't wait to see the hillbilly bling.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Bring on the bling.[8D] They will get the dent fixed for you and you'll be good to go. Mine had an ugly 2 inch circular spot that that looked like missing clear coat but the detail shop buffed it right out and it looks like new again. Here is the pic.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Woo, I picked up my Blue Ti Friday as well. CONGRATS!!

So far only thing wrong I noticed was that it was missing the engine cover which dealer is ordering and when i was claying/waxing my car i noticed that the left tail light isn't 100% secure which i'll have them fix next week

·
Registered
425 Posts
Woot, you finally got it!

You've got some catching up to do.. Mine's almost 2 months old and has over 3000 km on it now!

Yay for more blue candy Ti's!

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
So, looking forward to that road trip now that it arrived earlier than you resigned yourself to and expected?

·
Registered
492 Posts
How much is the 3M film and application costing you?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Finally!!!!! I'm so happy for you! Yeah, I can't wait for you to get settled into it. I'm at 1.5 months now and 1000 miles. Congrats!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So, looking forward to that road trip now that it arrived earlier than you resigned yourself to and expected?
I was looking forward to it regardless, but it'll be much better in my new Focus than some craptastic rental car.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How much is the 3M film and application costing you?
$650 for the full kit: bumper, headlights, fog lights, mirrors, top of rear bumper, and the leading edges of the hood, fenders, and roof. I'm pleased with the results; the trailing edge on the hood is visible if you look for it, but not at a casual glance. I felt like this was pretty much required given my daily commute through the construction war zone on Highway 1 through Burnaby, Surrey, and Langley.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks everyone. I shot some photos this morning in Stanley Park. The light wasn't very good and I'm not entirely happy with the results, but I got a few that are worth posting. I still need to run them through Photoshop and obfuscate my license plate number before I put them up.

·
Registered
492 Posts
$650 for the full kit: bumper, headlights, fog lights, mirrors, top of rear bumper, and the leading edges of the hood, fenders, and roof. I'm pleased with the results; the trailing edge on the hood is visible if you look for it, but not at a casual glance. I felt like this was pretty much required given my daily commute through the construction war zone on Highway 1 through Burnaby, Surrey, and Langley.
Pretty steep but could pay off in the long haul. How much of that $650 was the actual install and did you buy the kit on eBay?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Pretty steep but could pay off in the long haul. How much of that $650 was the actual install and did you buy the kit on eBay?
That price was all-inclusive. The installer retrieved the patterns from 3M and cut the material himself. I agree that it was pretty steep but I'll forget about that soon enough.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Nice pics! I test drove one that colour and it had all the options I wanted...I just couldn't get over the fact that that colour to ke will always represent Pontiac Sunfires! haha. Just couldn't do it. ;)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts