Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help again guys. If you have a New focus, like a 2010 for example, you now when ur in netural or in park, and you rev your engine and the rpms only go to only like 4,000 rpms? well, I hate it and I want to know how to remove the rpm limiter if it is possible.

anyone Know how to do this? oh and im most likely getting a GT+ Thunder box performace chip and ccfl Angel eyes headlights.

I recomend going on ebay and look for performance parts. you will get ripped off up the ass from buying directly off the offical sites.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
When I'm in neutral I can hit 6500 RPM no problem. Not that I'd want to do that, but I can. I'm guessing you have an automatic?

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Ebay performance parts don't work.... Theres a reason people out there charge for Good parts. They work.

You have a 2010 SVT?....

Why would you want to rev the engine over that in neutral. Piston engines don't fare well with high RPM and no load. Its not a smart thing to do.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Sounds expensive! Better put some ebay parts into it!

·
Registered
258 Posts
oh and im most likely getting a GT+ Thunder box performace chip and ccfl Angel eyes headlights.

I recommend going on ebay and look for performance parts. you will get ripped off up the ass from buying directly off the offical sites.

Thanks!!!
LMAO Ok If you want to use Ebay for your performance need so be it.

As to your other question. With a REAL TUNE you can get rid of the idle RPM limiter. Although I don't really see a purpose for it.

Please for the sake of your foci, DO NOT install a OFF BRAND name "chip". The focus you have doesn't utilize a "chip" for the ECU.

If you need some suggestion to get some real HP gains from your focus, there many reputable companies that are at your disposal.

Also I will take my chance buying from "official sites".

·
BACON?
3,170 Posts
I want to see this "2010 SVT" you should post some engine pictures, and a mod list so we can help you out. Did you swap in a SVT engine? if not your information is a lie. Its okay we all make mistakes, now time to learn from them. and whats the purpose of reving past 4k in neutral?

·
Registered
258 Posts
I want to see this "2010 SVT" you should post some engine pictures
He has a pic of the "SVT" on his user profile. All i see is a 2010 focus with hood stripe accents with "SVT" lettering.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
1.) this guy got screwed by someone who convinced him it was an SVT because he didn't know better

2.) he is trying to make us think its an SVT in switch case he will get laughed at.

and i want to know revving in neutral in an auto?

neutral drop the car so you can blow your trans?
ricer revving the piss out of his 10 SVT Auto? lol

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
This explains everything. Taken from the other thread he created.

My car was a normal 2010 ford focus SE. "WAS" is the key word. The reason why it is a 2010 AND a SVT is because my grandfather and I took it to the ford racing team in Michigan and they put as much mods from other SVTs and tuned them so the car wouldn't screw its self up. But i had to remove the cold air intake because water got in it and i removed a turbo because of it sucking gas a lil too much. i did get my exhaust done, the previous resantor was shot to hell because a pot hole in a parking lot.... *stupid pot holes...*

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I also should note that even before you took out the turbo and CAI, you didn't have the SVT brakes, because they won't fit with those stock wheels. I hope the money your grandfather spent was worth it, because your car definitely isn't an SVT. It's a modded SE. Sorry, bro.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Yup. No point to call it SVT.
So he had intake and turbo, probably intercooler as well? I guess car had to be tuned with these mods. Now he removed turbo and intake, return to stock tune.... WHAT THE [:)][:)][:)][:)]?....why would you mod it in the first place? I call bull shit on anything this guy said... Not guy, KID. It's [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]g ridiculous...

·
GoKart and Me!!!
13,487 Posts
I need help again guys. If you have a New focus, like a 2010 for example, you now when ur in netural or in park, and you rev your engine and the rpms only go to only like 4,000 rpms? well, I hate it and I want to know how to remove the rpm limiter if it is possible.

anyone Know how to do this? oh and im most likely getting a GT+ Thunder box performace chip and ccfl Angel eyes headlights.

I recomend going on ebay and look for performance parts. you will get ripped off up the ass from buying directly off the offical sites.

Thanks!!!
1) You DO NOT have an SVT as the production of SVTs were stopped in 2004. At the most, you MIGHT have an SES.

2) Rev limiters can be tuned out. You can get with a number of different tuners for one. I highly recommend going with an Xcalibrator III from either FSWerks or Focus Power, but there are others if you shop around.

3) You DO NOT have an SVT as the production of SVTs were stopped in 2004. At the most, you MIGHT have an SES. (hint, hint [;)])

4) eBay performance parts are garbage, stay away from them. Dress up or cosmetic parts are okay, but not performance parts. You get what you pay for with performance parts, go with the official sites as they are still cheaper than buying them locally.

5) You DO NOT have an SVT as the production of SVTs were stopped in 2004. At the most, you MIGHT have an SES. (I'm sensing a pattern here, [rofl])

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
If you have an automatic, I suggest a tune pronto. That win help you in many areas. Then get a real exhaust and maybe boost it.

Oh yea, you don't have an SVT.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yeah this is funny I'm sorry dude you got ripped off

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

·
BEWST AGAIN YAY!!!!!
6,851 Posts
I wanna now how he used CAI with turbo? He could make a DIY kit and make hella money.

Oh and it is not an SVT

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
Alright.

This is getting closed soon if you guys dont stop. So far its nothing better than the other thread.

There are a few questions I would like to ask the OP first though.

1. Why try to convince us its an svt? If you want svt badges etc on it, Im down with that. Its not my car.

2. exactly what from other SVTs have been installed? the only thing SVT compatable with these cars are the wheels from another focus... unless theres a Lightning engine or Cobra spoiler Im missing.

3. turbo and cold air intake? ok whatever. if you had those you wouldnt be asking about removing the resonator. Anyone that has actually built a turbo vehicle knows their stock exhaust is too small. Pretty sure the Ford team knows what theyre doing.

4. why would you even think about buying a "chip" if you had to remove the tune already on your car? lose the programmable tuner required to go back to stock?

Alright so I dont know if you're just a troll, trying to be cool, or honestly dont know any better but I will still answer your questions with a little insight.

A quality programmable tuner will be able to eliminate your rev limiter in neutral, though I thought it didnt change from being in gear to neutral ON THE FOCUS. I know the contour sure limited at 4k.

please dont get tricked by those so called chips... they usually send false signals to the engine computer and can certainly cause.damage under the wrong conditions, and an overall drop in performance and mileage, despite what they say.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts