Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I hv a 2012 focus and recently somehow the sony amp is dead. My warranty just passed and they ask 1000+ for a replacement. I know that people are selling the same thing on ebay for about 100 to 300 bucks. and the amp looks like is just a plug and play utility. so can i just order it on ebay instead?

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Hi,
I hv a 2012 focus and recently somehow the sony amp is dead. My warranty just passed and they ask 1000+ for a replacement. I know that people are selling the same thing on ebay for about 100 to 300 bucks. and the amp looks like is just a plug and play utility. so can i just order it on ebay instead?
If it's the same part, yes. It's an easy plug-in-play - maybe 15 minutes installation.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it's the same part, yes. It's an easy plug-in-play - maybe 15 minutes installation.
Thank you. Just another question. I hv my 2012 focus with part number BT4T 18B849 DE. Can I swap one with CT4T-18B849-AA? I heard that that amp can produce much nicer sound.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Thank you. Just another question. I hv my 2012 focus with part number BT4T 18B849 DE. Can I swap one with CT4T-18B849-AA? I heard that that amp can produce much nicer sound.
That's the Focus (post 2/06/12 build date) amp. I couldn't imagine why not, but don't take my word for it. [wiggle]

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to the Car Audio section for more help.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all of ur help. I took the risk to order amplifiers that with different serial #, part #. And wow it works. So no matter what part#, as long as the model # are the same and it works on other same 10 speakers system as ur focus. It will work at ur focus too!!!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts