Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys sorry if this is in the wrong area but i just wanted to know how you get that dealership lettering off of my car ? if anyone knows what i am talking about and can help me it would be greatly appreciated.[8] [thumb]

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
you can use a VERY new and sharp razer blade, just be careful. Or do it chemically with goo gone or contact cleaner.... I prefer the razer blade, then I get any leftover go with contact cleaner or alcohol.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its a sticker and i dunno if i would trust myself with a razor haha i would just end up taking the paint with the sticker or something. i just want it off i don't like the way the sticker looks

·
Registered
571 Posts
I would think any sticker youd be able to pull off with your fingers, then hit the left over residue with goo-gone or something similar.

·
FF Founder
20,121 Posts
PhilMayfield said:
I would think any sticker youd be able to pull off with your fingers, then hit the left over residue with goo-gone or something similar.
Yes I think that is the best way.

You may also want to finish it off by applying a car polish to remove any small scratches.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
if it is vinal wait untill a warm day will help it come off then like they said use a cleaner to get the sticky off

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the help people.......haha where do you get goo-gone or whatever it is called and how much does it sell for ?[?|]

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok cool thanks i was thinking that stuff was expensive or something haha but yea thanks.

·
Thread Killer
2,712 Posts
Pretty much like everyone else said:

First thing is to maybe take a hairdryer to it for 5-10 min to get the glue all hot and goo-E. Then just start peeling. To take off the rest, I'd use goo-gone or something like that, then just apply a nice wax and blamo.

OBTW Pope: You wear a funny hat [grinking]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts