Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone help me with these problems that i am having, knowing its 4th of july today and everything is closed...well here it goes, i was driving down the road today and all of a sudden whenever i changed my gear and pushed the clutch in the rpms would rise like hell, (by the way i drive a svt), so if i was at 4000rpm and pushe the clutch in it would rase to like 6500rpms and just sta there. then after that my traction control light came on and when ever i wanted to accelerate it would feel like there was no power going to the wheels.....???????

if any one can help or give me advice that would be grand

·
Registered
897 Posts
sticky Throttle body cable or throttle body might be the culprit. I had a silmalir problem with my '98 ranger. spray some silicone spray on the cable at the entrence to the sheath at the throttle body. NOT WD-40. WD-40 attracts dirt. on the power to wheels? not a clue

Mouse

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
So when you disengage the clutch the engine continues to rev? If so, the traction control is probably activating because the ECU thinks that the engine is over-revving due to the wheels slipping, which in turn slows you down since traction control uses the ABS brake package. Sort of like trying to accelerate while holding down the brake pedal.

Pull your airbox to TB tube off, get some carb cleaner and blast the butterfly shaft where it goes into the bearings on the sides of the TB, you probably just have a sticky TB. And as mentioned above, your cable could also be sticking.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts