Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help ya'll! I have a stock hu (single cd/mp3) I have no factory amp, I have all my wires ran but what the hell do I use for remote turn on??!! I tried the yellow/green, did not work. On my 05 zx4 se, I have an extra plug hanging loose on the back of my radio, it is not plugged in to anything but will fit into hu, do I need to use one of those wires? Please help[?|]

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
one of those harness' is for speed sensor which adjusts your volume to the speed. another harness is for you speakers and the 3rd one is for your power. i thought the blue wire was for amp turn on? or was it the blue/white, or was that for the power antenna?

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
I used Pin #4 located on the 2nd wiring harness near the bottom.
I think It was yellow/black or black/green... I can pull my HU and check if you want.

I have an 2003 with mp3, and an aftermarket amp, tho...

here's the 2005 wiring:
Radio 12v : orange/black
Radio Ground : black/green and black (there are two grounds)
Radio Ignition : yellow/green
Radio Illumination : orange/black (dimmer) - pos. wire
Factory Amp Turn-on (if you have the audiophile or sony system) : white/red (sub amp)
Speed Sense : white/green

Are you installing an aftermarket amp? You can run a tiny jumper wire from the amp Power wire terminal, to the remote terminal to see If you amp doesn't turn on.

If it doesn't, then your ground isn't attached to a common ground, or you have a blown fuse, or other power wire failure.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
foci_fosho,

I will try that and see, do I leave the ground hooked to the amp? After I had everything hooked up I checked the fusues to make sure they were not blown. I got to pissed off to mess with it any more last night, but I will try that, I'll let ya now. Thanks alot

1 - 4 of 4 Posts