Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently purchased a Ford Focus SE, and I was wondering what I could do to get more horsepower out of it. (I know people are going to say "If you wanted more horsepower then you should have got a ST or RS" but it was more in my budget and it would be easier in my opinion to slowly accumulate a little money here and there and to put some money in it) but I have looked all over for thing to give it more horsepower but they all come up as for a ST or RS parts. I'm still new to the focus so I was wondering if there parts were interchangeable between the models. But if they are not I am still open to suggestions on what I can do to it.

·
Registered
503 Posts
power wise there are some simple things todo to get some more hp. first get a snorkel/drop in filter for some better air flow in. exhaust is also something that helps out a little. tune will do more too. then go into headers, Throttle body

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Get a high flow drop in filter and do the snorkel delete mod. and get a tune. Header and exhaust help too. There is definitely a little power you can squeeze out of these.

·
Registered
114 Posts
take lid off air filter make cardboard divider to keep heat from filter . open plug gap to 50 dont touch center electrode . 180 thermostat 35 bucks
change tranny fluid 22 dollars a quart mine was black at 30 k miles holds 2 quarts . change oil to 0 20 full synthetic. then again if you still needed more you could use the focccus program to use 93 octane dont forget the lipo battery to save 25 pounds

·
Registered
191 Posts
take lid off air filter make cardboard divider to keep heat from filter . open plug gap to 50 dont touch center electrode . 180 thermostat 35 bucks
change tranny fluid 22 dollars a quart mine was black at 30 k miles holds 2 quarts . change oil to 0 20 full synthetic. then again if you still needed more you could use the focccus program to use 93 octane dont forget the lipo battery to save 25 pounds
Wondering, how does changing the octane to 93 (which I use) In focccus improve power? I didn't even realize you could do that! I have the program, yet never thought to do that

·
FF Affiliate
30,146 Posts
DO NOT use the focccus to change to 93 , it does far more then people think and the focccus should NEVER be use to change any engine parameters

You have no way to datalog and see what it is doing , a custom tune will do more then everything he listed in his list

Its my opinion to never run 0-20 weight oil in an engine your trying to use for performance

Tom

·
Registered
793 Posts
DO NOT use the focccus to change to 93 , it does far more then people think and the focccus should NEVER be use to change any engine parameters

You have no way to datalog and see what it is doing , a custom tune will do more then everything he listed in his list

Its my opinion to never run 0-20 weight oil in an engine your trying to use for performance

Tom
100% agree. I just didn't reply, because I thought he may have been joking lol

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
I'm nervous about using Foccus period after someone locally here bricked his PCM..

anyhow, intake, header, 2.5" exhaust and SCt4 tune will be a nice difference, 25-30whp gain over stock... add a rear motor mount and rear sway bar (steeda) compliment everything else nicely

·
FF Affiliate
30,146 Posts
the 95 ron adjustment seemed to add 3 degrees timing so u dont dare want to run 87
Now that you changed your global timing , you do have spark knock , How much spark knock do you have ? Did you also change the fueling to keep the extra 3 deg of timing from going lean ? The answer to that is no

Just because you can change something doesnt always mean you should , there is cause and effects from every change in this ECU , you shouldnt be telling others to do things that can and in most cases will damage an engine

Changing from 91 to 95 will add more then 3 deg in places and like stated it adds it globally meaning from the second you start the engine to 7000 rpm over everything it adds 3+ deg , its a hugh mistake to do it and a bigger one to tell others to do it

Tom

·
Registered
114 Posts
seems to run fine i dont hear any knock and knock sensor always says 0 . still seem to average over 42 mpg. afr looks good. right now im at 200 miles gas guage is still 3/4tank im anxious to fill it and see mpg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts