Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i posted this in the technical section but no one is helping me

ok so it was raining lightly and my car spun some and for some reason my dash lights went out(cluster, radio, the ac controls, etc.). my dome light still works and my headlights do too. when i turn my headlights off and back on the lights come on then goes out again. What could be the problem?

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Check the alternator. See how many volts its putting out. Might not have anything to do with you spinning out and just be coincidental that it started at that time. You're looking for high 13 or low 14 volts when the cars on and running.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok ill check that

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
Mine does the same thing ;)

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just thought of something, could it be the battery?

·
DTF
3,981 Posts
it's because it's wayne's old car....

sorry, i had to. not many people around here who remember wayne still like him today.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
I would think its the alternator, but if its good, then the battery being low wouldn't cause that. Let us know what you find about the alternator.

·
MyCarBreaksAlot
8,609 Posts
Could be a bum fuse or fuse terminals like mine. It was killing my gauges and stuff but it also killed all of my interior lights.

·
Salmontheotherpinkmt
4,043 Posts
yea i say check your grounds and for loose wires.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm going to go see about the alternator right now

What happened with Wayne? No one has told me anything

·
DTF
3,981 Posts
I'm going to go see about the alternator right now

What happened with Wayne? No one has told me anything

Wayne royally screwed a lot of people. including me. i paid for an sct tune and never really got one. i didnt know him personnally and i know he went through some hard times at home which didnt help the situation, but he seemed to have very bad work ethics!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well that sucks. I wish I could find out more about him and my car.

The alternator is good and the battery is good too. The fuse isn't broken either. I went to ford to try and find something out and all i got was a jerk guy that ignored me.

·
DTF
3,981 Posts
pm ryancsvt and ask him whatever you want to know. he was close with Wayne and too got screwed over.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.