Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have a 2000 zetec intake manifold and am trying to mount my tb to it but it seems the 03 and 00 take different mounting screws, am i correct?

·
Flipping Rockstar
16,788 Posts
I have learned the hard way that when buying parts, You might wanna cross reference part numbers with Your VIN to see if They'll fit, as there are various changes in the focus powerplants, and even the same year models can have totally different engines. Hope all works out for You!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok so ya i called ford and told them that the screws i ordered did not match, i ended up having to get the number off the intake manifold to get the correct screws. he informed me that the intake i have is the only one with different screws. :) what luck i have

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
he informed me that the intake i have is the only one with different screws. :) what luck i have
yea you and about the other 1000 people that asked him...i'm sure you're not the ONLY one with different screws...just the first to find out! anyway hope that you get the right ones....is it a P/P '00 manifold?

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea it is, and i got the right screws on order only a few more days and hopefully i can hear my car start for the first time in 3 years :)

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Post pic's of said screws please. I've never heard of this before, and I've been around these for going on 8 years now, needless to say I am perplexed.

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,105 Posts
Well the intake manifold screws that hold the TB to the Intake are metal as the Manifold is plastic. The manifold that i had, the threads were stripped out. My buddy and I had to use some JB Weld to re-enforce the threads and it's worked like a charm since. I hope that this isn't the case for you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts