Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today i was driving to work and my focus took a shit. I was pulling in and my car made a wired noise it sounded like metal grinding. I stop and cut the car off and got out thinking whAT THE #$%^& i got back in to the car and it would not turn over so i tested the battery it was good try to jump it still no luck maybe the starter right, its a 5 speed so lets roll start it i let the clutch go in first and the front tires lock. one more time.. ssrrtt... #$%#$% the motor is locked down at 74,000 this don't make any sents help me!!!![rant]

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
I thought you just posted that your UDP took out your crank.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i did its been a ruff day the focus wont start and i just had put the udp on last week that was just the first thing i could thing of i dout that is the problem

·
Registered
738 Posts
Glad you have come to realize that it isnt the UDP. Are you the original owner??? Any other mods. How hard do you drive your Foci, what is your driving style????

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im not the original owner i got the car at 65,000 mods are cai, k&n, udp, 2.25 ford 9mm plugs, short thow i drive it hard most of the time. i just changed the oil a week ago 5w20 castiol and k&n filler and it sill looks good

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Do u have a LSD? Any parts fall off the car or anything? Any light went off when this happened. Anything? Just cuz your car will not start doesn't mean it locked up.

·
Registered
381 Posts
so it dosent turn over at all... dosent make any noise or anything

·
Registered
12 Posts
Does it want to crank over, but doesn't have the umph?

Or does it not even crank?

Any noises when trying to start it?

-Cody

·
Registered
381 Posts
if it cranks over but don’t start could be fuel related unplug the fuel line to fuel rail and see if there is fuel coming out when you crank it. If no there is a fuel kill switch on the passenger side under the glow box, if someone might kicked it and engaged it so you might not be getting any fuel. All you have to do is press the button down and youll be good again if that’s the problem. This happened to me. My car would crank over but would not start.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
yeah but he said his wouldnt crank?

try to pull a few pluggs and see if it will crank, and if it does then look for water to shoot out of the head

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
its been two months now with out focus runing i pulled the motor out flip it over and oped her up evering looks good wtf so i got to thinking maybe the starter locked up with the fly wheel if this is true would the car not roll start becuz it wouldent and that w i thould the motor was lock up

1 - 20 of 20 Posts