Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife got a flat a few months back without telling me. Her solution was fix-a-flat. Also known as Evil in a can. She used it on the tire in the middle of summer, and never went to have the tire looked at. It was holding air just fine but months later the right hand tire would wobble WILDLY at odd speeds, and with no pattern. Little did I know it was filled with lovely green fluid. I found this out when it spilled all over the tire guy while he was taking it of the wheel. She fessed up at that point. Since then the tire is fine but when breaking lightly at lower speeds I get a wobble....a pretty bad one at that. I can skip over it entirely. If i wait a bit longer to break, and then break harder. I'm going to attack it this weekend but I thought maybe some of you guys could point me in the right directions of what to look for.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lugs are all good. Was never driven on a flat. She found it flat from a slow leak while sitting in a parking lot all day. She used the fix-a-flat and then aired it up at a nearby gas station. I think the liquid fix a flat in the tire sloshing around for a few days is what caused the issue. I'm just not sure if it's control arm bushings or a wheel bearing...idk. But it only happens when breaking lightly at relatively low speed.

·
Registered
17,165 Posts
Jack tire up in air and yank it back and forth looking for play, hands at 9 and 3 o'clock. Tie rod ends can do it.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Putting this in "Brakes, Suspension & Chassis" because it LOOKS like any tire/wheel problems have been checked/resolved (fix-a-flat removed).

As suggested already, anything loose in the front end can let it wiggle & any remaining balance problems can make that worse.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts