Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have emissions next month and am planning on zetec swapping and turbocharging my 03 se auto. I already have a Garrett t3 I'm going to put on but need some additional info on zetec swapping. From what I have found I will need;
Main engine harness
Ecu
Some ecu harnesses(unclear)
Throttle cable
2 coolant hoses due to length diffreances
This is all I have found so far although I'm positive it cannot be that easy. I have an automatic so I hear the trans will mount correctly. So here is a list of my questions if you have accurate knowledge of the answer please reply, any and all answered questions would greatly help!
1. Are the motor/trans mounts different and if so and the mounting brackets or mounts them selves dirrect fits?
2. Are sohc headers dirrect fit or any of the exhaust for that matter?
3. I have heard about swapping the gadge cluster, is this required?
4. What other electronics and harnesses will I need?
5. Is the dual cam significatly bigger and going to give me more spacing limitations when it comes to installing the turbo?
6. Are there any other non-required but recommended parts I should exchange?
And here are a few turbo questions I have for the boost heads there;
1. Assuming the motor has 130k miles on it with only required matinance, what is recommended for compression building it to withstand 7lbs with low matinance to the motor itself?
2. Will I need to get larger fuel injectors for 7lbs in a zetec?
3. Will the radiator or Cooling system need modification assuming the intercooler will block the lower half from getting direct air flow?
4. Is there a flash tunner for 7lbs in a zetec or am I going to have to tune it myself?
All help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh and one more boost question;
Will the ignition timing be affected by the extra pressure therefore also needing to be tuned?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved this to the Engine & Trans swap section, since you'll find the most info. including a stickie on your swap in this section.

Boost by itself will get more attention in the Forced Induction area, you WILL need to get a tune to run it boosted (custom tuning with a scanner/flasher). Catch Tom (FocusPower) for that part when ready.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts