Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so my battery light went on a little while ago. Car would still start so I figured it was something to do with the alternator, so I went to my local Auto Zone to get it checked. Lo and behold, the guy who checked it said the alternator was running fine.

The guy then said he'd check the battery just to make sure it wasn't the problem. The battery was losing charge, so he charged it up and then checked it. Nothing wrong with the battery either. There was some corrosion, so I cleaned it up with a wire brush. Battery light is still on though.

Go home, try to start it again, and this time it won't start up. When I turn the key in the ignition, the engine makes an attempt to start, but doesn't start. However, the accessories like the radio do turn on. I honestly have no clue what's wrong with it at this point and was hoping someone could help me.

I drive a 2000 SE, Auto Transmission, 2.0 Liter Engine, with 120,000 miles on it

·
Registered
152 Posts
You say that the battery is loosing charge. The car is 8 years old with high mileage and probably still running on the original battery - i'd change that battery if i were you.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
try to start it again, and this time it won't start up. When I turn the key in the ignition, the engine makes an attempt to start, but doesn't start.
Lest we get the cart before the horse again- exactly what do you mean by this? Is it turning over but failing to fire and run, or is it not turning over.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts