Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi I'm new to the site and I was wondering if anyone could give me a hand as to what all I need to install a turbo in my svt. These are some pictures of what came with the turbo I bought I also just bought a intercooler, I don't have pics of the intercooler because I just bought it so it hasn't arrived yet. Thank you for the help

I just added a part and took a picture of it. Also here a picture of my ride. Thank you for the help I appreciate it.

·
Focus "Sleeper"
1,619 Posts
I dont see a manifold.

BTW, this would probably do much better in the forced induction chat.

·
FF Affiliate
31,095 Posts
There is no way what you have there will work on a Focus , get your money back and do a good kit that isnt going to give you headachs and end up costing you more then a good kit would cost you

Tom

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
Where did you get this set up....I hope its not one of the "universal" kits. But like they said above the pieces look nothing like any other SVT FOcus kit I have seen.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I see a 1Gen Eclipse BPV... Looks like the turbine outlet elbow to a Eclipse Turbo.

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
Yes please ditch this kit. sorry but none of that will work.

In the end you will just be spending more money to try and make this work than selling the parts and buying a quality kit.

I am speaking from experience...lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
It might be useful to do some (or a ton) of research on what you are getting yourself into before you take this sort of plunge

·
Stock
5,040 Posts
Dont bother with it. Like the others said waste of $$. Tom has a diy kit that will cost you less than what its goign to cost you to get that to work. And its quality parts with the proper size turbo for the svt.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For those who were polite and helped me out I appreciate it. I only purchased it because a FF member was selling it saying that it would fit an svt. When I asked to make sure it would he once again told that it would work. Just because I'm a girl it doesn't mean that people should take advantage that I didn't know what all I needed. Anyways to the individual who sold me that turbo I just want to say that it was pretty low. I sold the turbo on ebay and for less than half of what I payed for and had to include new intercooler with the sale. I was able to find out that it really did belong to a mitsubishi eclipse/talon. Once again thanks to those who helped me out.

·
Stock
5,040 Posts
Sorry that you got taken advantage of. Next time if your not sure ask us on here and we will be more than willing to help you out. Once again if you want a quality kit talk to tom about his diy kit. Tom's name is 1turbofocus, he posted above and advised you not to use it. At least you were able to get some money out of it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts