Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I had quite a few knicks and a few scratches that penetrated my paint. So instead of a beautiful blue I would see small white lines or dings. I went to my local Stealership and picked up a nice tube of touch up paint. Paint matches perfectly but now instead of a nice smooth shinny surface there is a bumpy surface that is pretty easy to pick out when the sun is shinning at an angle. Does anyone know of a good method of polishing the touched up parts down to look indistinguishable from the stock paint? I have a small dremel tool with a light polishing end to it but I'm not sure I want to try it until i get some good opinions on what it might do to the paint. Thanx for you're replies guys.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Try a product called "Langka Blob Eliminator". I removes only the touch-up paint, leaving the factory paint unharmed. It works great for small chips and scratches, but it takes a little more practice to use on the big ones (this is because it fades the touch-paint a little, so you either have to mix clearcoat with the paint or put on the clear after you apply the Langka.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts