Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Swapping brake pads and cleaning calipers on an '04 SVT. No problem with the front spring and when I got to the rear, I was expecting to see a similar setup. Obviously, its a different caliper and setup. How do I remove the caliper from the spindle? There are two bolts which face 'inward' on the rear of the caliper (appear to go through the entire caliper. There is also a bolt or two which are more towards the center of the caliper. What is the method for removal? And, I'm guessing the pads are held in by tabs on the pad themselves?

·
Fear the TurboSnail!
6,625 Posts
There are two bolts on the caliper. They should be the only bots that go through the spindles as well. The pads I believe are just on there. I don't remember what holds them on.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The ones I'm seeing are 'regular' bolts, not allen or torx, and they aren't covered by a rubber cover.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I believe what you are talking about is this:
Farthest away from the caliper, there are the two outside bolts that actually hold it on. Those bolts go through the caliper and into 2 nuts (these are the slides as well). these nuts sometimes spin when you try to loosen the caliper bolts. You have to hold them with a wrench as you take the caliper bolts out. now that you have those 2 bolts out, the caliper should come off, and the caliper bracket should be all that is left with the rotor on the car. 2 more bolts hold the caliper bracket on if you needed to take it off.

·
Registered
784 Posts
remember to screw in the rear cylinders, unlike the fronts that just get pushed in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts