Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my '02 SVT has the H&R Sport Cup suspension on it. I am looking to replace one of the rear Shocks on it. Anybody know where to find just one shock for the system without having to buy the whole system? I'm definitely looking in all the wrong places.

Also, just curious... are the rear lower control arms the same on each side or are they side specific. had my rear left one snap last night.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Fairly certain it's same side to side, but, I think I would counsel changing dampers on a "per pair" basis, lest you get funny handling.

As to where to find those units specifically, no idea, but I should think the relevant p/n's should be available... you might call H&R directly.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I would definitely get in touch with H&R before you do anything. If those shocks are rebuildable you will be better off getting that done.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
The rear arms are side specific, I'd for sure replace both rear shocks. That sport cup kit is a awesome kit, I'd hit up H&R 1st. If not avaible, I'd look at Koni yellows, your looking for shocks that work w/ a 2'' drop springs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts