Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my scoop didn't come with instructions or anything to center it on hood. I need to know how big the holes need to be drilled in the hood.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes i bolts and double sided tape. i think i need to drill 1/8 holes that what it looks like.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
I started with 1/8" too. The problem is on the underside. To get the nuts to thread on the stud, you'll need bigger holes on the front studs. The holes are right on the supports for the hood. They have to be bigger than the nuts, but you don't want to go through the other side. I used a bit about the size of the nuts, and then flared out the holes a little with a punch. You have about a 1/2" of space from supports to the hood.

·
Registered
759 Posts
the best way to make it work is to send it to me.. it'll work perfect then :p

i'd say take the bolts in to a home depot or something they can tell you what size they are then drill a hole that size or slightly larger. and as far as centering.. just measure from the 4 sides of the hood and mark the dead center then measure the scoop and measure out of the dead center and with a pencil or some car chalk draw/trace the scoop according to the points you plotted. then drill and tape off that.

hope that makes sense

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sounds good, ok thanks for help I will post pics when im done. and make sure i giv rep.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I started with 1/8" too. The problem is on the underside. To get the nuts to thread on the stud, you'll need bigger holes on the front studs. The holes are right on the supports for the hood. They have to be bigger than the nuts, but you don't want to go through the other side. I used a bit about the size of the nuts, and then flared out the holes a little with a punch. You have about a 1/2" of space from supports to the hood.

to solve the support issue.. use some lock washers between the nut and support. then just tighten down to the support instead of trying to tighten thru it. the lock washers will bite the metal and the nut, holding it nice and tight. (given that the bolt is long enough.. if not go back to the depot and get some longer. )

·
Registered
972 Posts
yeah i've already tried that, I actually live about 10 min. from Roush Performance so I went to them in person and they checked through all their stock and told me that they didn't have any loose templates. I bought my scoop through nthcoast and they didn't send me a template either, I just eyeballed it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts