Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Focus SES with factory 16 in wheels, and was looking for some aftermarket rims but I dont know what size i am looking for. wanted to stay with 16's

for instance do i want 16x7
Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply. is 16x7 what the stock is, would it be possible to go wider maybe for it to handle better

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
^^^16X6 is stock for 16" wheels.
16X7 is a very common size to switch to, with the stock 205/50/16 tires.

More info here:
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2278
^^^Pay close attention to the "offset" notes.
45mm and greater is preferable when looking for aftermarket wheels.

Check out the "Kazera" line at Tire Rack. There's some nice wheels to choose from, and they're reasonably priced.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
In a 16" wheel, our pickings are mighty slim. [:(] I have found the following adhere to the =>45mm offset rule. Note: There may be other colors or finishes available for the listed wheels.

Kazera KZ-R
16x7 Finish: Silver Painted
Weight: 17.6lbs.
16x7 Offset: +45mm Backspacing: 5.83" Bolt Pattern: 4-108
Rec. Tire Size: 205/50-16

MOTEGI TRACK TRAKLITE
Offset: 45mm Backspacing: 5.70" Bolt Pattern: 4-108
Rec. Tire Size: 205/50-16
Weight: 12.5lbs.

Rota
Grid Racing
16 x 7
4 x 108
+45

Rota
Slip Stream
16 x 7
4 x 108
+45

Rota
Spider
16 x 6.5
4 x 108
+47 +48

Thats it. I have found others that have like 40 or 42mm offset, but the chances they will rub goes up accordingly. If you find any others please post them. I am looking myself.
Small note: Does not include Ford OEM rims.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Team Dynamics carries several different 16X7 wheels in 45mm offset:
http://www.rimstock.co.uk/rimstockusa/wheelrange.php
Good find! But they don't have any North American dealers, so I have to assume there out of my price range. Also it's a little disturbing that you have to send them an email for a quote. Sorta like "If you need to ask the price then your at the wrong place".

misc info: Wheeldude responded. Even though Rota lists a +42 offset for the RB's, they cannot get them. Waiting for a response from Rota as to 'what's up with that stuff'.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
IIRC, there is a distributor in CA.
I know there's FF members that have purchased Team Dynamics wheels.
Found them. (well sorta). There prices appear to be outside of my target by quite a bit. minimum $250 per wheel it looks like on average.

Misc Info: Rota responded. They only have +40, even though they list a +42 on there website.

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
^^^I'm pretty sure they can found for less than that.
I didn't/don't have a lot of time to search much, so hopefully someone that's purchased the wheels will chime in.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
^^^I'm pretty sure they can found for less than that.
I didn't/don't have a lot of time to search much, so hopefully someone that's purchased the wheels will chime in.
I found a group sale going on another web site, they were still pretty pricey, but that may have been for the racing wheels. I will search around some more. Funny, you would think they would be around a lot more. How come Tirerack does not carry them? Weird!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts