Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the lug pattern is correct but would a 17x8, +19mm offset, 5.74" backspace on the front and 17x10, +25mm offset, 5.78" backspace fit on my car? I'm not very good at rim sizing and looking to buy. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
95 Posts
That sounds very optimistic. Were you looking for something that would fit easily without any modifications? and what size tires were you planning?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
225/45/17, I'm not sure about what would need modified but I'm sure it's within my skills, with some instructions.

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
I know the lug pattern is correct but would a 17x8, +19mm offset, 5.74" backspace on the front and 17x10, +25mm offset, 5.78" backspace fit on my car? I'm not very good at rim sizing and looking to buy. Thank you in advance.
That offset is really low, will poke out past the fenders. Would need to flair your bumpers or get wide flairs. Typically 17x8 with an offset of 30 is the lowest you want to go. Typically people with those offsets are really low and stretching the tire a bit to make it work. Otherwise you are going to have issues fitting the wheels

This is et30 17x8 to give you an idea of where they sit. Imagine 5 and 15mm further out for the wheels you spec'd. Fenders are rolled and lightly pulled:

I had 225/45/17's on my 05 zx4 and they fit no problem, no modifications.
Sure the tires fit but i doubt your offsets were anywhere near that low? It'd be fine if they were 17x8 and et35+

Moved to the Wheels & Tires section. This isnt a duratec specific question and you'll get more appropriate responses here

·
Registered
20 Posts
My apologies no mine are not that low at all. And i wish i could roll or pull my front fenders but they are fiberglass so i am restricted to keeping it narrow.

·
Registered
157 Posts
17x10 will never look good on a focus. If they don't hit the strut they will poke out more than you will ever want to imagine lol strongly recommend against 10s. With some fender work you can make the 8s fit up front though

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
17x10 will never look good on a focus. If they don't hit the strut they will poke out more than you will ever want to imagine lol strongly recommend against 10s. With some fender work you can make the 8s fit up front though
oh, i didnt even realize the OP said 17x10 for one of the wheels...I only read the 17x8 [:I] I have seen a few examples of 17x9 on a focus that are alright but Mitch is right, 17x10....not great

1 - 10 of 10 Posts