Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

We just got a 2011 Focus SE. Car is decent. 60K miles (116K KM). Only received one key, no fobs. Hired a locksmith to cut and program new key. Arrived, cut key, and began programming new key. Failed after using several different methods and devices. Apologized and left. Now the original key won't work and car is sitting. Called second lock smith, was able to gain access to PATS, tried adding a key, tried deleting all keys, tried many other things to no avail. Car towed to dealer.

Dealer is quoting 3 hrs to diagnose before even telling me what's wrong. Told me he has to get around the perimeter alarms system before being able to gain access to PATS. My research suggests PATS has nothing to do with alarm. Alarm sounds now that key isn't recognized, but stops after unlocking the car from the inside button with the door open. Previously when the original key was working, inserting the key in the ignition to the start/run position would disable the alarm before it went off. As well, starting the car would disable alarm.

Can I replace the PCM/ECU with a new/used one if the keys come with the vehicle? Would I need to relearn the keys if so?

Can anyone suggest any other possible solutions, next steps, etc?

Thanks,
John

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to General Tech Chat, car audio/electronics might only help for aftermarket alarm.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts