Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I've read forums and have decided to go with a nitrous kit. Can someone tell me which is the safest/cheapest?? I'm looking to spray 50 or less if possible. I aslo want to get the rmp window controller. I was reading about the plugs, but I am still unaware of which plugs the SVTF would require. Is there a kit that includes a purge?? And an off subject mention, what does everyone think of the Falken Torque 5s??

thanks

·
Registered
189 Posts
I would go with either zex or nx. Both make good kits imo. I would also make sure to get the wet kit.(better for stock injectors). No kit that I know of comes with purge unless you get a used one like I did. I do agree that getting an rpm switch is an execellent idea.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Sry another thing is that I would suggest Zex spark plugs if your gonna run Nitrous. I think they work very well

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I suggest NX, the soleniods hold up much better than the Zex solenoids. I know others will mention the Zex's 'super dooper throttle switch' but honestly, I've never had a Micro switch stick ON.

You can get some great deals on used stuff on Ebay, I paid 400 bucks for my NX kit with a purge kit that way, (of course I ended up adding a bunch of other stuff to it, but that's what you are gonna do anyway, no kit has everything)

Post up once your starting the install if you have any issues!

·
Registered
773 Posts
ya id say go with the NX stage 1 EFI kit. Also get the GenX-2 kit which will add a purge and a heater (plus a few other parts), and get the MSD Digital window switch, and denso irridum 2 step colder plugs (svt is already 1 step colder stock). if you can find the GenX-2 kit on ebay ive seen some sales that will include the TPS to replace the WOT switch. also be sure to run 93 oct. gas to make sure everything works correctly.

considering you wanted a 50hp or lower shot you wont have to worry about getting it tuned though it will help maximize your gain. I have a SCT 4 bank switch chip with a nitrous specific tune that i can switch to when i want to juce and that has all the special settings that i need to run the n2o most efficently.

also note that if you have an aftermarket tune or chip already installed that advances the timing you will have to remove that or have it changed b/c nitrous doesnt like advances in timing (it makes the engine go boom).

HTH,
Sarif2029

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok so if i run a 50 shot or less, and i dont have a chip mod, i shouldnt have to worry about retarding or advancing the ignition correct? i dont wanna go boom.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
should be good.. as long as you are running 93 octane and colder plugs... i ran that way for a while (til I upgraded)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts