Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently purchased an '03 focus svt competition orange. I was just wondering in some of your guys opinions what is the best short ram intake to buy and how much difference will a diablo sport tuner make? Also what is the best short throw shifter for the 6 speed gertrac tranny ? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am new to all of this!

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
first off great car [thumb] and welcome to focusfanitics.com[welcome] i got an aem cold air intake on mine and it's great. i don't have any of the other stuff that you are requesting but there are many good folks on here that will be glad to help you out. good luck!
love your color btw.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Try running the search feature, there is a ton of info on all your asking.
This site is great for learning all about our cars I spent my first few weeks just reading the daily posts and if you do too you will learn much.
BTW nice choice in ride, great cars you will love it.[thumb]

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
the steeda and fordracing short shifters are the same unit, I love mine. CFM is debuting a new style STS as well. There used to be one made by Focus Central, but it got some bad reviews, and FC is out of business now anyway.

A good tune wakes the motor up nicely, either predator or the XCal2. I have no input on SRI's, since I run a CAI.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
A SRI doesnt do much. Taking the silencer off the intake box gave me the same gain (or felt like the same gain). I'd say get a 65mm throttle body instead, or a tune.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
It has been said but a short ram isnt going to get you much of any gains, a 65mm throttle body wont do much either on a stock engine. I would get an AEM CAI if you are going to get an intake, it works great, has nice gains and sounds AMAZING. I would get a custom tune from one of the guys on here Wayne (hypnotic) does great work.

·
Registered
738 Posts
if you want a short ram, go with the steeda or the HIA one... probably best for the money...

as far as a tune goes, I recommend going with tom's tune... freaking amazing tune... but wayne's has also been a good choice for most, but I personally have not used it, but I do have tom's...

I also have the steeda short throw... very short crisp shifts... I like it, but another to consider is CFM's adjustable short throw... shifts will be about the same as the steeda, but you can adjust the height too

1 - 9 of 9 Posts