Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Don't read this!
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aren't they supposed to be a direct bolt on???? I tried installing mine and the bolts just spin as I try to install it...Can anyone help with this?

·
Don't read this!
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The weird thing is it came with some self tapping screws and 2 bolts with nuts...what the heck...

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Yes they are, the factory bolts are suppose to fit with the new hood, or did they send you new ones? Maybe the bolt size changed. You gotta be really careful with aftermarket hoods, my bolts were a little tough getting in as well and i didnt have a CF hood it was fiberglass.

·
Don't read this!
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well like I said, there were two bolts and some self tapping screws but the two bolts had nuts on them...I'm like what the heck!!! lol

·
Don't read this!
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, I called Derek at ED and he said it should be a bolt on so I’ll have to try it again and get someone to help out. I can’t wait…why do I have to work.

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
damnit! get this done! I REALLY wanna see how this new ED hood looks.

·
Don't read this!
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's better than awesome. I almost wet myself this thing looks so good! I just have to buy some new bolts, the oem bolts are threaded differently and the ED bolts are too long.

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
weird.. Mine Bolted right up.. Easiest mod Ive ever installed

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
PICS PICS PICS.... Im excited about the hood as well..

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
if the ED bolts are the right thread pattern, just chop them.

·
Don't read this!
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm at work...only 45 min left and then I get to drive home. I will post ASAP. I'm telling you guys, this is the best cf hood I've ever seen other than a S2000 carbon creation.

·
Don't read this!
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
if the ED bolts are the right thread pattern, just chop them.
Yeah, this is what I'm going to do...I need to call a friend and have them help me install it...lol

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
well hurry the hell up! i wanna see it!

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
You've had plenty of time to take photos and show us by now...lol

Man, I really wish they made this hood for the 00-04's.

·
Don't read this!
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, I've had time, but I have to buy new bolts...I don't have the tools needed to chop them...Store opens in the morning...sorry peeps!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts