Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My CEL is on again....i take to mechanic to have computer give code...and its to lean. So he narrows it down to my MAF, it has some water spots on it from my carwash adventure. I got the "deluxe" with underside wash...well some water got into the filter and made its up and into my maf burning out one of the the wires.
I did a search on ebay and came up with this guy...http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

my question is...is there a difference in the sensor from 2004-07 as far as fitment goes. Or should i just stay away from this item all together?

can someone please clarify....thanks

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
Get us the Part number on your Maf I have a few from different vehicles that all work

part # are usually XXXX-XXXXX-XX

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok so i pulled the maf and the part number reads as follows:
3W4A-12B579-AB

WOW just got of the phone with my local ford dealership and they wanted $215 oh man i hope i can get away with gettin one from ebay for way cheaper then that!!

·
Registered
872 Posts
First, check your basic powertrain warranty and emissions warranty information and make sure that you are not covered. Factory intake?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i've got a K&N CAI...this has happend before and i searched on here for the code i was getting and someone said to spray the MAF down with electronics cleaner...so i did and it fixed the problem... this time i think there was more water let in which probably shorted the entire sensor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts