Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im not sure if this is the right place to post thise so please excuse me if its not

but im new to doing stuff to cars and i want to start by putting a cold air intake in my 2000 SE

the thing is, idk what kind would fit, all i can find are ones for the duratec or zetec and im pretty sure i dont have either.

can someone inform me what i should be looking for and point me in the right direction?

·
RIP 02 SVT 0209
3,944 Posts
so you say you dont have the duratec or zetec then you have the 2.0
spi look for parts for that there was someone on here selling spi parts..

a pic of your motor will help so we know what you got but if you say its not the
duratec or zetec then its the spi

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
It's not going to be a Duratec because Ford didn't put the 2.3's in until I think '03, but I could be wrong. If you have a Zetec or SPI, I would reccomend either a Volant or an AEM intake.

·
RIP 02 SVT 0209
3,944 Posts
^^ forgot about the dura not coming out till then it been a while since i was into
the dura stuff,i got an svt now,

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
This is a Zetec

This is err "was" a duratec XD

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
the Zetec is one of my wagons, Wagon 1 which is a 2001 Harvest Gold SE Wagon
and yep that was the last year they used the resonator or as I call it the anti-fart box, my new wagon #3 doesn't have it

the second picture (Dura) is from a Cali car I purchased parts off of

This is Wagon 3's Zetec

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Feral, no offense, but those first 2 pictures have got to be the worst pictures to use. Lol. I think he might get confused by the whole black thing on top of the valve cover and the wrecked front end. But I'm sure he'll figure it out. If you have a zetec I got an AEM for sale for cheap. I'm also pretty sure you can make the zetec CAI's fit the SPI's with a little modification to the rubber elbow that connects to the throttle body.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thank you, based on the pictures im pretty sure i must have a spi. would it still be easier if i posted of picture for ya?

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
Feral, no offense, but those first 2 pictures have got to be the worst pictures to use. Lol. I think he might get confused by the whole black thing on top of the valve cover and the wrecked front end. But I'm sure he'll figure it out. If you have a zetec I got an AEM for sale for cheap. I'm also pretty sure you can make the zetec CAI's fit the SPI's with a little modification to the rubber elbow that connects to the throttle body.
I see it this way his Profile says 2000 SE which falls into the category if he has a zetec he will have the resonator so i used it

and were talking motors not damage. smashed or not i used the picture as a reference

whats wrong with my first 2 pictures ?!?!?
learn to read the years before you go insulting someones cars cuz as mentioned 2000/2001 came with resonators late 2001+ came with no resonators

thank you, based on the pictures im pretty sure i must have a spi. would it still be easier if i posted of picture for ya?
Please do Pictures always help with knowing the engine seeing all 3 engines are used in SE Vehicles the only one specific would be the SVT which only comes with well you know an SVT :)

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok well i get a pic tommorrow and try to get it up by tomorrow night.

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
Also if you look at the pics of the zetec's you can see the subtle changes they made. Take for instance the throttle cable is really long on the 00' and the updated version on the newer model. My 01' has the long throttle cable but no resonator. Its kinda funny how they make running changes and why they did that. I understand the throttle cable being replaced. The resonator were they trying to give the car a little more growl lol? I have a mid to late 01' with parts from both worlds maybe thats why I have the problems I have with my car. And to think this whole time I thought I had a monday car it was really a mid change car lol.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

i now now its an 2.0 spi but can u point out where the intake would go.
i read somewhere that id have to take the battery out and it goes under there?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You know I never ever took my batt. out to put my CIA on I just man handled it into place few scrapes bruises and an ER visit later its in lol.
haha yeah if i treied to force it in, with my luck, id break something
ill probable attempt it myself or maybe someone can help me out.
or give me some fool proof directions

·
Registered
180 Posts
back to the question you asked, ebay has a cold air and ram air intake for your car the ranginf from 20 - 40 bucks there no name brands so id just buy it for the piping and put a k&n filter on it, youll get better flow then the no-namer

1 - 20 of 24 Posts