Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am trying to fit a HID conversion to my ford focus and having considerable problems in doing so.
I found it impossible to see the spring clip that holds the headlight bulb in without the use of a mirror... no problem in getting the current bulb out as you can feel for the clip and remove the bulb.. the problem I am having is fitting the new bulb in as it is impossible to get the clip back over the HID bulb base due to the two thick wires and plastic sleeving that comes out of the base of the bulb and it is not possible to disconnect the bulb from the wiring.
Have even took the clip off completely then replaced it but the sleeving seems to thick to allow the clip to lock in place.
Am I missing something here ? This is a job that should take no more than 30 in total !
Advice required please !

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
Its not really that hard i can see where your coming from though cause i had the same problem with mine but it is possible. You are just gonna have to put the wires in the middle of the clip to make the clip go around the wires so it can clamp down and hold it in.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts